There is a certain change that comes when one is set apart to be a full time servant for the church and for God. Whether it be physical, emotional, or spiritual, or all three I'm not sure, but the feeling is powerful. I've learned and grown so much this week already. I taught an investigator the first day I arrived about three hours after arriving. That's how fast paced this place is. It has the spirit you might find at the temple, but the pace of one of those factories you see on how it's made lol. Not to brag, but I by far have the best looking ties of all the elders here haha. During this week I have had specific prayers answered, and I have grown immensely. During a hard time one night, some words from Robert Rios came to my head. At a practice he told me that it's okay to be uncomfortable and that I will grow from it. That is exactly the case here. It is really really really hard, and definitely not comfortable, but my growth is huge. I spend all of my gym time and extra time playing volleyball with the polys. They don't ever speak to me in English but they like me because I'm the only one who can set lol. I am in a zone of about ten elders and four sisters who are all either going to SLC, or Lubbock, TX. I have a good time with them. My new companion is Elder Murray! We get along fine. He's so different than me in so many ways, and we have to compromise a lot, but we make it work. He is a male cheerleader, and danced in high school lol. 95% of the Elders here are from Utah, and they're very different than any of my friends in Vegas. They are all very picky about the rules, but we'll get through it. I'm already very excited to get out of here and to TX. I met Elder Tonga Angilau this week ( I think that's how you spell it ) who was in a few of my high school classes. It's nice to see a familiar face. I am still in shock from the departure into the missionary life, but I pray and receive much comfort from God. I am very excited to receive emails from you. Please send them through dear elder if you can, I don't really know how it works, but it makes responding a lot easier. I am doing good, working hard, and things here are getting better every day. Next week I will have a full p-day so I will have much more time to respond and organize my thoughts.
Elder Carter Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment