Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sinusitis

Friends and Family,

This week has been crazy! Tuesday it rained so hard. It was pouring
from sun up to sun down, so we got drenched. At one point we had to
cross a street flooded with water that was halfway up our thighs.
After that day in the rain, I got a really bad sinus infection lol. I
was so sick that I ended up staying inside for most of the week. Those
were some of the longest, most boring days that I've ever had. I
studied a lot, slept a lot, and watched a bunch of old cheesy 80s
church vids. After a few days of being sick, I decided to go to the
doctor because things weren't getting better. I had to get two shots
in the but. I've never had a shot hurt that bad in my life lol. The
day after that visit to the doctor, I was feeling much better and am
back out working in the field.
One of the most found phrases in the BOM is "and it came to pass". I
think it's important to remember that things will come to past in a
broad and narrow view. For me this week, it was nice knowing that my
infection/migraine would come to pass. I think it's also important to
know that eventually this mission will come to pass as well, so it's
necessary to put in all of your effort.
We went to a bbq with some of our investigators, Mary and Terrell.
They introduced me to something they called 'armadillo eggs'. They
took jalapeno halves, filled them with cream cheese, wrapped them in
bacon, and then grilled them over some mesquite wood. They were
actually pretty good.
I had the opportunity to share a message with a family in Spanish. We
eat lunch with the Juarez family about once a week. Their kids speak
English and spanish, but their parents basically speak no English, so
we decided to share something in Spanish. Much of the message was
memorized, but it was fun to use Spanish in a real teaching situation.
Definitely a learning experience.
I forgot my camera this week, so next week I'll have tons of pictures.
We also met a guy named Robert Thompson. This guy is a character. He
told us that his street name is Cash Money, and that that's what most
of his friends refer to him as. He's tattoed from head to toe, but
despite his hard look on the street, he told us that he recently
started working at the cookie factory up the street. He's not a super
solid/interested potential, but we sure do love it when we run in to
him and get to talk.
Thank you for the emails/letters/packages. They always lift my spirits.
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment