Not much went on this week, but here's the rundown:
Monday: Bought some groovy shirts that I ripped playing volleyball.
Tuesday:Went on Exchanges with my zone leader. Not Fun.
Wednesday: Went and helped out with mutual to try and get to know the youth: super fun.
Thursday: Dual-Zone mission meeting alllll day long. Had some good barbeque. #yummyenmiestomago
Friday: Drove to Ropesville (Pop. 415) and Sundown (Pop. 1,040 or so). Talked to some baptists and Part Member families, got my carolla stuck in mud, then left.
Saturday: Went to the temple, happened to see some friends from Abilene, had a correlation meeting with the ward mission leader.
Sunday: Church, skype home, then feast at brother and sister Leilua's home. #SupahStuffed
Highlights?
On Wednesday we also did some service for the food bank. We were inside packing food and suddenly we hear hail pelting against the side of the building. We ran out and a storm was rolling in, complete with rain, hail, wind, and some funnel clouds that fortunately didn't turn tornadic (I think that's a word)
I got to skype my family! So that was nice.
I also have been making like a million phone calls to potential investigators and planning as specifically as I can to accomplish our goal to teach more lessons. We have a lesson set up with the Bhakta family this Friday! It'll be my first lesson in a long minute if it goes through. They're a sweet Indian family (not like the native american indian. I mean like the Indians from India, like Ghandi) who moved from India a while ago. They have a desire to learn, and love the concept that marriage can last forever.
May 9, I received my mission call (I think) and I think back to then, and there has been so much that has changed! I have learned so much from being thrown into the buckle of the bible belt. My attitude has changed, and I now have an eternal perspective. I've learned that I'm here for the people, not the state. I'm here to learn from my companions, leaders, and maybe one day, I'll be blessed to have the opportunity to in return, teach someone, and change their life with this Gospel. but for now, I'm focusing on the little successes, like brightening someone's day with a compliment, doing service or yardwork for those who don't want to listen to us, or simply saying 'God Bless' to the guy who swears at us and tells us to leave. My focus is leaving others better than I found them. And in this mission, I think that's the only way to do it.
Love Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment