This week was all mixed up because of memorial day! Just finished instructing at district meeting, and quickly drove over here to email. I'm currently on exchanges with Elder Summers serving in levelland. I feel bad for the kid because all we have today is custodial stuff. I have to go to discount tire because I destroyed our Carolla's wheel in a pot hole the other night, and I broke the plastic on our door from leaning on it while driving. Woops.
On Wednesday we got assigned to the wonderful task of scraping calcium off the side of the Lubbock Texas temple. It was a blast(: I'll send some pics of that. The rain here has tons of minerals in it, so when it rains, calcium and other things build up real quick.
Saturday at 8:00 AM I drove across town to do a fun-run (kind of an oxy-moron) with about 40 other elders and sisters, our mission pres and wife, and around 300 members. They kept postponing the race because the lightning, and finally at 10 they just cancelled it. All of the members left, but our mission president gathered all of the missionaries together and we ran it anyways. All of the elders were wearing white shirts and ties, while the sisters wore skirts. It was a blast! It was pouring rain the whole time, and even though I haven't ran in months, I managed to pull second place.
Hey, wanna hear about our crazy Less-Active friend we're working with? Her name is Sarah Hollywood, and we are working with her to get her to the temple. This Wednesday we are planning on committing her to drop smoking ( A problem that 90% of Texans have) and plan on working with her much more frequently. Just one problem, she came to church Sunday, and hated our gospel principles teacher so much that she said she's never coming back again. Haha she's also bipolar, so hopefully by Wednesday she will have calmed down. Wish us luck!
I love y'all and I sincerely appreciate the birthday wishes. I had a good day. The sisters in my district baked me a cake and everything!
Love y'all, Elder Johnson





No comments:
Post a Comment