Heyyyy, guess what!? I taught a lesson this week! It was awesome. We met this lady, Angelita outside, I played some soccer with her kids and then talked to her about the gospel. She was really interested in Temples. We set up an appointment and taught her the restoration. Her kid kept trying to sword fight me with the pamphlet he stole out of my bag, but even with all the distractions, it went well. We had a return appointment with her for this Wednesday, but she keeps pushing it back. We'll see if we can get back in with her.
We've been doing a lot of service. A lot. Like over ten hours a week. We went to the food bank and I had an experience that I'd like to blame on my Vegas Volleyball coaches. At club practices, I was taught to be competitive. No matter what the task was, I was to be competitive. Whether it was gathering balls at the end of the practice, getting more passes to the setter than the other players, or running lines, I learned to compete. And I now see that that competitiveness is still a part of me(: We were given a task at the food bank to take cans out of a massive container, check the expiration date, and if they were good, transport them to another tub of cans. Elder Ericson (another elder in my zone) and I were working together against my comp (Elder Slager) and some other guy... forgot his name... anyways, we were working to see who could empty their tub first and get all of their cans checked before the other group. It. Got. Heated. I ended up taking it a bit too far, but in the process, Elder Ericson and I proved to be the fasted canners in all of West Texas. And my comp was grumpy the rest of the day lol.
What else happened?... Oh yah, I got to go to MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) and listen to President Heap and the assistants instruct because I'm a district leader now or something. It was cool. The assistants did an alright job, but President is an amazing man. I look up to him so much. Learned a lot about leadership, and being a good Shepherd(: By the end of the meeting, I kinda wanted to buy a bunch of sheep and just be a sheep herder.
Not a whole lot of success besides the one lesson we taught... We played volleyball with some less actives and I accidentally hit a girl in the head on purpose....
Oh! and I decided yesterday, that I needed a little more love from my comp. As the Senior Comp, I have to drive EVERYWHERE. and that also means that my comp has to back me out of parking spaces (it's a mission rule, I know it's dumb). As he was backing me out, I formulated a plan to get him to show some affection for me. I quickly locked the car doors before he could get in and rolled the window down a bit so I could yell to him, "If you want to get in, tell me how much you love your companion" in the best high-pitched gay Elder voice I could render. He didn't respond how I wanted him too, and the plan went south from there. I had accidentally rolled down the window too far, so in order to escape the shame of telling me how much he loves me, Elder Slager reached into the car through the window and struggled to unlock the door. In the process I may or may not have rolled up his arm in the window lol... He wasn't happy to say the least. With Divine help, fasting, and praying, we may be able to get along for 4 more weeks.
Something spiritual I suppose: I've studied how to be a good leader these last few days. I've found that as I pray and fast, and truly give of myself to try and help the elders and sisters in my district, I see blessings, and can sit down at the end of the day with the most fulfilling feeling I've ever felt. I love this opportunity.
With love,
No comments:
Post a Comment