HEYYYYYY
Update on Sarah our LA we've been working with: has smoked one cigarette since Monday, and has plans for going to the temple soon. She got mad at us last time we stopped by, I don't even know why... sometimes her bipolar disorder comes out and she's just angry, but for the most part she's progressing and doing well.
Anyways, what happened this week...
We taught a lesson to another less active family named the cluffs. The whole family has a hard time focusing, so we devised a plan to teach the plan of salvation while playing basketball. It was basically a game of horse, and we all had to shoot from different places on the court that represented different parts of the plan... it went well, and then we enjoyed a good game of basketball.
We've been spending a good amount of time at the food bank as well. We go there to get service hours, and this Wednesday there was a huge stake activity where the stake bagged like a zillion pounds of potatoes. It was potato-riffic.
Besides that, we've been doing a lot of biking, a lot of tracting, and a lot of work with Less-actives. They're the only ones who will listen to us lol. Something I noticed myself doing lately that is probably pretty specific to this area of the US is using my bible much more often than the book of mormon. People respect the bible, and if you can back up your message with the bible, it gives a ton more power to your words. I've learned to love the epistles written by paul and peter, as well as the four gospels. I'm studying through the O.T. as well and love the comfort that comes from reading.
And here's a story about a typical angry Texan for you:
Elder Slager and I were taking bike day on friday, and took the 7 mile ride to go see a member in Wolforth, TX. We have to ride along fields after fields on these little country roads to get there. We were riding and came across a house in the middle of a field I had never before seen. I road over to it and decided to give it a knock. Nobody answered, so I opened up the screen-door and gave a good knock on the wood door behind it. Once again no answer. I slipped a card in the door with our number and website on it and left. We began our trek back down the muddy country road. I heard a car pull up behind us, so I veered over to the right to let the car pass. The car stopped, and I turned around, and that's when I saw the Texan. He got out of the car, slammed the door shut, and stomped over to us. He got about three centimeters away from elder Slager's face and screamed at him for coming over to his house and knocking on his door. He said that he saw us on camera and saw us try to break in his house, and that if he ever saw him again he'd beat his - quote: "Little Jesus Lovin' A--" Lol. At this point elder Slager was so scared he was about to pee himself. I chuckled a little at Slager's face and the man's eloquent four letter word vocabulary, and as soon as the man saw me smile he came over and screamed at me to. He got so close I could smell the alcohol on his breath. At this point it had started to rain, so we ended our little meeting with our Texan friend and later arrived at our apartment soaked from head to toe. #TheStruggle
I'll have more for y'all next week, God Bless,
No comments:
Post a Comment