Well, this week was boring. I didnt' hit any animals on the road or teach anyone...
I found a turtle though! My companion didn't like her very much (I named her Sheila). I made her a giant house during lunch out of cardboard boxes. We went back out to work and then came in for dinner and SHEILA WAS GONE! I spent most of my dinner hour looking for her, and couldn't even find the sneaky little cheesel. We went back out to work all night and came it at around 9. I sat down on the couch to start planning and Sheila was chillin in the middle of the room staring right at me. We ended up just letting her go because she refused to eat the hot dogs and apples we tried feeding her, and we were afraid she would starve.
In other news... I built a fence! We went over and asked a member family (The Fauskes) if we could do any service for them. They said no, not really... and then a couple days later we got a call saying, "Come over and help us out... we're moving out in three days and need to finish this fence! So we went over and built a fence. I was using hammers, and nails... at one point I even used a drill, and got a sliver... Probably the manliest thing I did all week. Except we left so fast I didn't put on sunscreen, so now my arms and neck are completely fried #SoyBlanco
Update on Sarah hollywood, our LA friend:
Sarah is working to go to the temple here soon, and hasn't smoked in almost two weeks! (Applause) She refuses, however, to go meet with the bishop to get a reccomend partially because she is scared to leave her dogs home alone... idk. She's doing good though. We teach her on her doorstep almost daily. She's a lot of fun.
Welllll, here's a cool spiritual missionary message if that's what you're into:
1 Nephi 4:6-7. Nephi and his brothers are sent to Jerusalem to obtain the brass plates from scary ol' Laban. Laman (I think) goes first and almost gets killed by Laban... Laban threatens to kill them and Laman and Lemuel want to leave becuase they're chicken. Nephi says that he knows the Lord will provide a way so he goes back and... we all know the story. He finds Laban drunk and kills him, gets the plates and leaves.
Verses 6 and 7 however of chapter 4 provide an intersting insight on the Faith of our friend Nephi as he goes back to Jerusalem to obtain the plates, after Laban has already threatened to kill them. He says,"I was led by the Spirit, not knkowing beforehand the things which I should do... Nevertheless, I went forth!"
I LOVE that verse. It makes me think of missionaries. We don't really know what we're doing (especially when I first came out) however, we go and do it anyways because we KNOW it's what the Lord wants. Jesus name amen.
Love y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment