Texas, Lubbock Mission

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Baptism Interview

Hey,
This week I drove all over West Texas. A companionship in my district sped through a puddle that ended up being deeper than they though it was, and they tore off their bumper, and messed up the underside of the car. It's been in the shop for a while, so every district meeting, we go to pick them up, and then have to bring them back all the way to Levelland. 
I also drove to Plainview this week! Last minute, I got a call from another District Leader in my zone... He told me he had a bad case of the two headed dragon and needed me to do a baptismal inerview ASAP. We dropped what we were doing and drove the hour to plainview, did the interview and drove back. The interview was a really cool experience. It was with Nikolai, and Gabriella. A 9 year old and a ten year old that were preparing for baptism. I got to ask them all of the interview questions (yes, even the law of chastity) and talk about their decision to be baptized. It was quite the spiritual experience. I've never met anyone more sincere or genuine in their decision to get baptized. 
We've switched our tracting approach fom talking to people in streets, to knocking just to try it out... Turns out it's not much more effective lol. We knocked a lot of doors, and didn't really find anyone besides Alex, a 17 year old boy that we taught the Resto to. We're probably going to have to pass him off to YSA here in a minute though.  I'm not sure how interested he would be in being baptized... idk we'll see.  However, we did teach a lesson, so that's a success in my book. 
Update on Sarah Hollywood:
Sarah has been off cigarettes (so she says) for three weeks tomorrow. We went and visited her and I did a backflip for her on her two-week mark. It scared her to death because she thought I would land on my head lol. Her next step is meeting with bishop, but she always seems to have an excuse not to come to church. 
Aaaaand, that's a wrap. 

Nada mucho este semana...  

God bless, 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment