-Rakisha -Yavalah -Latasha -Janice & Lacrice -Iesha -Lyndrana -Tyrone
None of these names are made up lol. I'm serving on the East side of town with the Brothas. Haha I'm having so much fun. We have a ton more people to teach, which gives our greenie a lot of experience.
We've been teaching this guy named Louis. Louis is pretty golden. Missionaries have been working with him for over a year, and in while preparing to be baptized, he has quit smoking and drinking. He was scheduled to be baptized for this Saturday and everyone was stoked. In the middle of coordinating and planning with our Bishop and Ward Mission Leader, we get a text from Louis that says, "Hey guys, sorry I moved to Dallas yesterday. I won't make it to my baptism". I was so upset haha. He just ups and moves to Dallas overnight! ... that's alright, we'll send other missionaries over to his new crib.
I'm LOVING being in a trio! Loving it. We have so much fun. Elder Sommer and I get along super well. Almost too well. Like, if we weren't training, we'd probably get ourselves in trouble. Here's a quick bio on Elder Sommer:
Elder Sommer:
Favorite thing to do: Play Computer Games
-Wants to be an IT guy when he grows up
-likes to watch Anime
-Favorite word to use: Noob
-enjoys hacking into wireless networks and pirating music
My other comp (The greenie) is from Ogden UT, and is SUPER quiet. He's quickly learning though. Elder Sommer and I do a good job of throwing him into teaching situations and helping him through. He's doing great, and we're all having a blast/working hard.
While comparing my last area and the hard days under the sun, to my new area where all we do is teach all day, I found a scripture that described my attitude in my last area, and the attitude a lot of missionaries have when they get transferred lol. Check this out
ECC 3:17-20
17 Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity andvexation of spirit.
18 ¶Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me.
19 And who knoweth whether he shall be a wise man or a fool? yet shall he have rule over all my labour wherein I have laboured, and wherein I have shewed myself wise under the sun. This is also vanity.
20 Therefore I went about to cause my heart to despair of all the labor which I took under the sun.
Haha!
We also had the opportunity this week to clean the temple with some of the building coordinators here. We moved cabinets up into the attic, and cleaned some stuff in the basement. They took us up to the roof of the temple again, and they made the mistake of leaving us alone. I am probably the only person in the world who can say, "I did a backflip on the roof of the Lubbock Temple!!!" Haha it was sweet.
Well that's about it. I'm loving it here. Teaching and Training and having a Blast.
Love y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment