Hey Y'all! Transfers were this week, and I'm emailing you from Tech, and my new area! I've been called across the city to the Heritage Ward. I'll cover Texas Tech Campus, and about a fourth of the city of Lubbock. I've also been called to train a new Elder. ELDER LAKES! #FruitOfMyLoins
I'm nervous out of my mind haha! It'll be alright. I'll also be in a trio with an Elder Summer. Since he is a Spanish Elder we will be having four hours of study each day. An hour for personal, comp study, training study for Elder Lakes and another for Spanish study. Woot!!!
7-11 was a good day. Did y'all go get slurpees? We did. We loaded up with another set of elders in the ward and took 45 minutes out of our dinner hour to drive to three 7-11's and get a free slurpee at each. We were all pretty sick after haha.
Bike day this week was the craziest day of my life. We started biking to an outlying town (Wolfforth) and were a few miles in when my comps derailer completely fell off. We locked up our bikes on a telephone pole in between two of Farmer Ray's fields and walked the rest of way. Oh yah, and did I mention, it was POURING the whole way haha. We did some knocking and then had some other elders pick us up on our way back. I was completely soaked! There are 3 kinds of storms here. If the clouds are grey/black its going to rain and hail. If the clouds are green, run, its probably a tornado. If the clouds are purple its probably shark nado. Ha Ha.
Went on exchanges this week with my Zone Leaders... went to Texas Roadhouse for FREE, and packed my bags for my new area. Sunday mostly consisted of saying goodbye to members and investigators... Kinda sad /: I put a picture with the Ortiz family.
I'll have lots to talk about next week New area, TWO new comps, terrifying college girls to talk to on campus, and adventures on the East side of Lubbock.
Love Y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment