This week I'm going to remember to buy enough breakfast items to last me the whole week so that I'm not stuck eating mac and cheese for breakfast half the week.
This week, we're also preparing for a BAPTISM on Saturday!!! Woot!!! Louis is being baptized this Saturday and will confirmed a member this Sunday. Plot Twist: He's not actually moving to Dallas anymore. Last minute he decided to move back to Lubbock haha. I'm kinda stressing out like crazy because I've never had one of these before. I'm an Anxious Allen. Louis has been working with missionaries FOREVER and had to give up alcohol, tobacco, coffee, etc... but is now ready for the dunker. It'll be sweet.
Our other Solid investigator is Latasha Petersen. She is the mother of like 7 little kids, and is a rrecovering drug addict. She has been super prepared, and is making progress towards baptism on the 15th. In her own words she said, "I finna be at church, so I finna be baptized". She is hilarious. We'll teach her something new, and when it clicks, she starts to smile all big and gets super excited to the point where she has to sit down and calm herself down haha.
Who else celebrated National Hot Dog Day at SONIC!? WE DID!!! For lunch we went to sonic and got conies for a dollar each. It was Weener-ific. I had like 4 american and my comps loaded up on the chili dogs. Needless to say, we road with the windows down the rest of the day thanks to Elder Sommer's stinky nalgas.
Being in a trio is the most fun I've had on my mission. If Elder Lake bothers me, I just go talk to Elder Sommer, and Vice versa. It's so much fun. There's always something going on. Our trainee, elder lake doesn't relate with us at all. He's soooo quiet, but we're working hard to help him break out of his shell.
My comp, elder Sommer has the nastiest foot odor. I didn't know it was possible for someone to stink so bad. It's horrible. He'll walk in at night, and take his shoes off to plan, and we end up planning on different sides of the apartment in my attempt to escape the smell. I don't know how his socks don't vaporize. HELP ME. I attacked with with some odor powder stuff one night while he was changing, but all it did was get powder all over the apartment. HELP, how do I get rid of the smell?
Besides my stinky comp, I'm having a good time. I'm learning to LOVE the scriptures. I wish I had more time so I could study them a little more in depth! I get into my apartment and I'm itching to read. It's something I've learned to love to do.
Have a blessed day!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment