So this week wasn't super eventful; however it FLEW BY. Crazy.
PARTICULARLY EXCITING EVENTS:
- This week I went on exchanges to the Spanish branch here in Lubbock. I was with two native Spanish speakers, one from Dominican Republic, and the other from Uruguay. We. Partied. They taught me how to Salsa, I gave a baptismal interview for some sisters up in Plainview, and then came back and taught a few lessons (In Spanish). Things were groovy.
- Accidentally went to a Tech Game this weekend lol. We went to contact a referral right off campus. The walk over to the RF took us directly next to the Tech Stadium, and they were playing TCU, and it was the loudest game I had ever heard. It was like Monster Truck Rally, but just a little more classy. We contacted the referral, and began to walk back to our apartment. The game got out while we were walking back and we got caught RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the crowd of angry Tech fans. Tech lost like 56-53 and the crowd was TICKED haha. As we walked through the crowd, we had all sorts of reactions. We had a few people ask for pictures with us, some people voted us number one as they drove by, and I had a particularly drunk man try to shake my hand. The first time he missed my hand by a mile, and it took him two more shots to get a hold of my hand lol.
- Peter, our investigator came to church this week! Have I given y'all a biography of Peter? He's an older Mexican man, who is planning on being baptized on the 10th of October. He has read the bible like 18 times and LOVES TO WORSHIP. I think I told y'all about him. He loves to stop us in the middle of sentences and pray. He's hilarious. He came to church and bore his testimony. He's SO sick. The Lord prepares people. He lives in a little town just outside of Lubbock called New Deal.
We've been teaching another investigator Brian for a long time now. He's gotten himself into quite the situation. He owes about 1/4 of a million dollars in child support, and is probably going to jail for a good minute. We've been prepping him the best we can to go to the slammer. We've been teaching him all about the atonement, and how it's going to help him. Every time we visit he comes and sits on the porch with us, a cigarette in his mouth, a 42oz beer in his left hand, and his good ol' Mormon Bible (Book of Mormon) in the other. We've studied like every reference to the atonement in the BOM, and he's understanding more and more everyday.
Coming to the close of this transfer, I've begun to realize why I'm here. I thought it was to train Elder Lake, but more than that, I believe that I needed him just as much (if not more) than he needed me. I believe that the mission we are assigned to isn't necessarily for the investigators, or the non members we meet, but maybe even more so that we can learn from Church Leaders, Companions, and most of all, the Mission President. I have learned so much from church leaders, comps, and mission leaders in the last year.
Well, that's all I got, I'll have more to send next week with transfers and everytghing.
Love Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment