Taught my 21st and last district meeting on Tuesday. It was sad, but I was happy that I won't be instructing as much. My district consisted of me, and two sets of TRUNKY sisters haha! They're all so ready to go home, and it was so hard to have a phone call with them without them just talking about going home. They all worked hard, but sure are happy to be going home within the next few months. One set of them called us one night and had a flat that they didn't know how to fix. We drove over there and fixed it for them, and instructed them on how to change a tube and put the tire back on lol. With my new call to be a Zone Leader, I'll be working with a zone of at least 18 missionaries in my jurisdiction. Crazy Stuff.
General Conference huh? All the missionaries in Lubbock met up at the stake center and watched conference together. It was a party! It's such a nice change of pace for missionaries. I've never loved listening to conference so much in my LIFE!!! I particularly enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on the simplicity of the gospel. KEEP IT SIMPLE!
In other news, this week my trainee, Elder Lake learned how to properly mount/dismount his bike. He was having the HARDEST time getting on and off his bike... always falling over onto the ground when we stopped at an intersection, or at someone's house, and then having just as much trouble getting back on... I Felt So Bad! So we stopped one night at our apartment and practiced... we angled the body of the bike down closer to the ground and practiced slipping our right legs over the body of the bike, and then dismounting as well. I think he's getting the hang of it. He is moving across the city to another ward just out of my zone. It will be sad to go, but it's time for him to spread his wings and FLY! #TeQuieroMijo He is such a good kid, and I am so thankful that I had the chance to learn from him.
Well, that's the news for this week... it's been raining a lot, and the temp has finally cooled down. It's been soooo nice. We'll have sports later today after we clean the apartment. All the missionaries in the city will meet at the stake center to play sports and sign journals or whatever. I just wanna play some ball.
This Saturday we will be having a baptism. Our Investigator Peter is getting baptized. We brought him around the building after General Conf, and showed him the font. We asked who he wanted to be baptized by, and without hesitation, he responded, "Jesus... I want Jesus to" Haha! I love this guy. He absolutely LOVED it. Elder Lake will do the baptism, and a member will confirm him. I'm giving a talk. It'll be a good day.
New Comps and New Responsibilities! Thank you for the love and support!
Love Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment