Friends and Family:
As the last week of the transfer begins, I have to be honest, it's kinda hard to stay motivated... there's a chance I'll leave, and I'm feeling a little burnt out. I have never worked harder before in my life, than I have been here in Ft. Stockton. I go home worn out every day. Haha I've never had a problem falling asleep on my mission.
One of the things I've come to appreciate on my mission is a nice clean, good smelling, swept, mopped, and organized apartment. I feel like a clean freak lately... I like actually make my bed when I get up and WANT to do the dishes... it's the darndest thing. The other day we bought like 8 different scents of wax cubes to use in our apartment to keep it smelling good. My personal favorite lately has been a toss up between Rustic Woods* and Very Berry Cheesecake. Things are exciting here in Historic Ft. Stockton, TX.
We had the Iraan Elders stay with us for like three days. I can't even remember why... Oh, they came Tuesday evening, and then had a meeting on Wednesday, and then came to the temple with us on Thursday. The temple was SUPER good! It was a super long ride up. and back... but totes worth it. I'm praying I get transferred a little farther east so that I can go to the San Antonio temple instead of Lubbock. (San Antonio is the closest city to me with an In N Out). The Iraan Elders are always a hoot, we had a good time.
IT SNOWED last week. On Monday it was like 70 degrees, and then the next day we got like 8 inches of snow! It was insane. We spent the next day shoveling people's walkways for service hours.and then the next day it all melted. We also helped out our branch president clean out rabbit poop from their cages, and helped him clean the cage for his Sugar Gliders. I'm still not really sure what they are... I've cleaned their cage like 6 times, but I've never actually seen them. Apparently their nocturnal, and if you accidentally bump the cage too hard they hiss at you haha.
We're working with over 30 investigators, and the work is in full swing. We rarely have to think about what we need to plan for the next day, because our appointments take up most of our time. We are, however, having a super hard time getting people to church. That's something that we'll be focusing on.
So, fun experience today... I woke up and put my clothes in the washing machine at the laundromat... and went and did personal study while I waited for it to be done... well, when the load was done, I went to go put it in the drier. As I pulled my clothes out of the washer I realized that the washing machine I used, was a greaser. It was a washing machine that the oil field workers use to get oil off their clothes. Well, their left over oil in the washing machine stained most of clothes... I should be able to wash them again and get it out...
That's all for this week, Love Y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment