Friends and Family:
Crazy crazy week this week. Here's the recap:
Wednesday: We had a zone conference in the morning about the new easter initiative, and then we were on exchanges with the Iraan Elders... here's the problem,,, None of the elders that I was with have ever served in Ft. Stockton... so Elder Lefors just kinda worked on the fly and did his best with the little bit of knowledge he had about our investigators and the town. We went and played bingo, mowed a lawn, and then taught lessons that night. Later that night Elder Despain and I went and played basketball at the rec center to meet new people.
Thursday: TEMPLE DAY!!! Drove to Lubbock and attended the temple. We also picked up Elder Padelsky ( The replacement that was going to Pecos) and brought him back to Ft. Stockton... so now we're down to five Elders Spending the night. The Wells move very slow, so we didn't get back til late.
Friday: Pancakes at the Wells house. The Wells brought Elder Padelsky down to Pecos and then switched him out for Elder Allen. They drove Elder Allen back here to Ft. Steezy and he joined Elder Lefors and I here. Taught 3 lessons with a member present, and prepped John and Karisha Gonzales for Baptism this Saturday. Down to three elders (including me) living in my apartment.
Saturday: Super crazy day... mostly just helped a family moved. Learned lots of words in Spanish because the husband of the family doesn't speak any English. Also attended the baptism of two 8 year old boys whos mom is not a member.
Sunday: Blessed the sacrament, confirmed Brian (one of the 8 yr old boys) a member of the church. Played piano for primay, gave a blessing, and went home. Taught a few lessons ( one of them to John and karisha... they're doing super good) and then went to bed.
So that's that. Transfers next week. I have no clue where I'll be serving next transfer... maybe they'll realize they have a shortage of missionaries in Argentina or something and they'll move me there to learn some real Spanish. The other day a member said, "Estoy (I am) watchando (watching) un movie en mi casa" Watchando is not a word.
I've learned a lot about repentance this week. I'm learning that it's the lord that overcomes our sins, it's not by our strength that we overcome anything. Just as he said to Nephi, (I'm paraphrasing) in the 17th and 18th Chapters of 1 Nephi, "Go and build a boat... don't build it after the manner of men, but build it the way I show you... and then when ye have built the boat I, the Lord, will carry you across the waters of Irreantum." It wasn't the boat that carried Lehi and his family to the Americas... it was the Lord. It's not me that overcomes my weaknesses and sins, it's the Lord.
Love Y'all, and God Bless,


No comments:
Post a Comment