#TheWeekly #Week75 # SevenMonthsInHistoricalFtStock ton #BOOTS #WhileDaringGreatly
Alright, my life gets crazier every week. Here we go.
John and Karisha Gonzales had their baptism scheduled for last Saturday, the 26th of March. They already had their interview done, and they were ready to go. Everything was set up for the baptism... we had programs printed, investigators prepped, and even the Mission President was coming down for the baptism. Friday night before the big day we went to the church to set up for the big day. I went to the bathroom to wash my hands, and turned the handle on the faucet, but all it did was shoot out a few squirts of water and then went silent. We tried the other faucets, and came to the conclusion that the church's water was off... and we had only 12 hours til the baptism.
We made some calls and found out that the main water pipe to the church had suddenly broken a few hours before, so the city just turned off the water. The pipe only connected to our church, no other building had been effected by it. By this point it was 9:30 PM. We quickly called the Mission President and asked for his permission to stay out later and figure this out. We devised a plan and sped to all of the hotels in Historical Fort Stockton, to try and reserve one of their pools so that the baptism could still take place. Manager after manager told us that they wouldn't allow us to use their pool (although half of them were wearing crosses around their necks) and it wasn't until we came to the last hotel that we got a call from a previous hotel. The manager from the candlewood apartments called and confirmed our reservation for Saturday at 10:00 AM to use their outdoor pool. They said it would be no problem if we used their pool, but that the water would be extremely cold.
Saturday, March 26th at 10:00 AM in the Ft. Stockton chapel, we opened our meeting with a prayer. I played the piano, then gave a brief talk on baptism. After the talk, the whole congregation (including the mission president) drove to the candlewood apartments, and John and Karisha Gonzales were baptized by a member in the branch. The water was FREEZING.They changed and we ended the meeting back at the chapel. The next day they were confirmed, and they are currently preparing to go to the temple.
Oh yah, transfer calls were also on Saturday night. Both of my comps are leaving to be junior companions. Elder Allen is leaving to Ruidoso, and Elder Lefors is leaving to Brownfield. I don't really know where either of those are lol. I'll be staying at least another 6 weeks in Ft. Stockton with my new companion, Elder Pastrana. I've had 7 comps in the last 5 transfers haha. I came out with Elder Pastrana, and he's originally from Uruguay, so we'll be teaching a lot more Spanish investigators. I'm going to take advantage of this transfer with him and learn all of the Spanish that I can possibly absorb.
Sunday morning I woke up with crazy pains in my stomach. I crawled out of bed and thought I was going to die. I noticed a weird red tint in my pee, and I freaked out. I called Sister Heap, and she told me to get to an urgent care that day. The Iraan Elders helped me out and drove me an hour and a half to the nearest urgent care in Odessa, TX. There, I was introduced to my super cute nurse -____- and they ran some tests, and told me I had an infection in my bladder. SUPER FUN! I'm on antibiotics now, and am doing fine.
Well, for service this week we
Installed insulation for our recent convert, Earl Buchanan. He is furnishing a shed that he bought and he almost killed himself on a ladder.
Helped Elder Wells out of a tree. The senior couple here organized an easter egg hunt for us. Elder Wells wanted to get his egg out of a tree, so at 67 years old he climbed like 15ft into a tree to get an egg. I was so scared that he was going to fall that I almost peed.
Assembled a tread mill (Is that how you spell it?) for a member here.
Well, next week is a big one. Tomorrow I'll be at a transfer sight for over 7 hours helping missionaries get to their new areas. and then Friday we're driving to Lubbock for Missionary Leadership Counsel.
Love Y'all!








No comments:
Post a Comment