Another busy week in the TLM.
Service:
Mowed lawn for our investigator, Eldon. He has a huge lawn (it's not grass though, it's all weeds) and only one lawn mower. We took turns with the lawn mower, while the other person would go and feed the neighbor's horse over the fence. It was a sassy horse. If you didn't get it the greenest leaves, it would smell them and then just neigh at you.
After about an hour and a half we finished the lawn, and rode our bikes back home in preparation for bingo
BINGO! We ran bingo again this week. We're basically the activity coordinators for the nursing home here. Nobody had any accidents... this is the second week in a row! And I only got yelled at once for not speaking loud enough. They get so serious about their bingo.
Meals on Wheels. We delivered meals for our friends over at the community center. There was a new person on the list, and it took us forever to find them. They ended up living way out in the boonies in a bright pink trailer.
Big Bend Open Road Race: We had the opportunity to help out at the Open road race this week. There were over 150 cars that entered and raced from here, to Sanderson, TX, and then back. It's a total of 120 miles and it took most of the day. We were in charge of watching the road and radioing in if there were any crashes, or any animals on the road... it was pretty boring most of the time, but the cars sure went fast. Some over 200 miles an hour on the straightaways.
We also had the opportunity to attend the temple with the Wells this Thursday. We woke up early and drove the 3 1/2 hours to Lubbock. Stopped at the mission office to pick up supplies, and then went to the temple. It was a great experience. I put a lot more time preparing to go, and therefore, I received a lot more out of it. Great experience.
After the temple, we loaded up, and went to Golden Corral (The Well's family tradition). We ate, and then drove the 3 1/2 hours back. Sister Wells made me practice my cursive on the way back, and then we stopped in Odessa to go to Sam's Club for their groceries. It was an alllll day trip.
Friday we had exchanges with the Iraan Elders. They came into Ft. Stockton, and worked with us for 24 hours. It was a good exchange! I was with Elder Kempe, and we did a good amount of contacting.... VERY AWKWARD contacting. Haha it was just a bunch of weird situations and nobody was very interested, but we learned a lot. It was super crazy, because we had to plan two days worth of work into one day (because there were 4 elders working our area) and I've had to learn to be super flexible... because nothing ever goes as planned haha. If there's a motto I've picked up in the Texas Lubbock Mission... it's BE FLEXIBLE!
Sunday was good too, I had my talk prepared, and ready to go, and then Sunday morning I woke up with a sore throat, and I had completely lost my voice. Like, completely. I ended up still giving the talk, and had to whisper into the mic. Luckily I didn't teach any more classes, I just got to go play piano for primary. We've got our mother's day song we're working on.
Soooo, things are good here. I had a few moments last week where I realized just how short my time is here, and that I need to raise my vision... for myself and for my zone. I won't settle for mediocrity. If I can't imagine myself being successful, then it won't ever happen.
Love y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment