Friends and Fam:
Monday Night: Drove an hour and a half to Odessa (My foreign comp doesn't have a license, so I do ALL of the driving in this companionship) and then spent the night with the Zone Leaders over there. They're both pretty new Zone Leaders... it's fun to be with them.
We just contacted and knocked all day. I want to bring the assistants to my area to show them how to do service. It's a completely different kind of missionary work over there... there are sooo many people to talk to.
Wednesday:Woke up early and played sports with the missionaries in Lubbock. It was nice to play some sports. Got ready, packed, and then drove back to Odessa. We stopped at Wing Stop ( A member owns it, so we eat free) and then drove back to Historical Ft. Stockton. We taught a few lessons, and then the Iraan missionaries spent the night in preparation for our meeting the next day.
Thursday: Zone Training. I instructed on Finding, E Pastrana instructed on a fundamental from Preach my Gospel, and the assistants decided to drop in and participate. Afterward we had lunch provided by the Wells, and then exchanges with the Elders from Pecos. I was with Elder Parker Padelsky from Morgan, Utah. We made a connection, and he said he know the Norman family, who used to be in my ward in Vegas. That night we had a scripture class for members and recent converts. It was a good night. We taught some simple truths about the restoration, and the Spirit was super strong. The more complete, and simple the truths are, the stronger the Spirit can testify.
Friday: Had pancakes at the Wells, and then did service at President Hinksons. We cleaned out his rabbit cages ( I hate rabbits ), helped him build chicken coops, and then tried to get his cows more friendly with people by tying them up and petting them. They're only miniatures, but they're the meanest cows I've ever seen. They want nothing to do with you. Stopped by the chamber of commerce and signed ourselves up for some service this Saturday. We'll be helping out at the annual big bend race. Should be fun.
Saturday: Attended a child of record baptism, and tried to get investigators to come. No investigators came, but we're the only ones who know how to use the font, so it's a good thing we were there. Had a good lesson with John and Karisha, and Earl Buchanan ( All recent converts who were baptized since I was here. They're all doing super good. Earl is a branch missionary and is helping us out a ton. Also taught like 3 Spanish lessons over the weekend. I am so sucky at teaching in Spanish... I've been eating lots of spicy food to help the Tex Mex FLOW.
Sunday: John Gonzales received the priesthood and is preparing to go to the temple Saturday.
Had dinner with a member, and then finished the day with a few lessons, and a conference call with the leadership in the mission that lasted WAY after my bed time.
Not a whole lot of progressing investigators, but we are super busy with recent converts and Spanish investigators. CRAZY! I am so busy I don't know what I'm going to do when I get home, and I don't have something planned for every hour of the day.
Well. things are good. I'm praying for the gift of tongues, and y'all are welcome to pray with me.
Love y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment