Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, May 9, 2016

20 Months

AMARILLO BY MORNIN
Tomorrow I'll board the transfer van and ride six hours or so to Amarillo, TX. It could very well be my last area. I'll be serving there as a Zone Leader -_- and I'll be comps with Elder Holtman! I know him from other trips and transfers, and I'm genuinely excited to be his comp! It's a good area. I'll be in the fourth ward, which also has a Spanish group.
This week has been good! Tuesday I went to a District meeting in Pecos, TX. It was an hour drive, on a two lane highway... and it's always full of big rigs. I drove a little aggressively to get around some of them, and our monitor in the truck tagged me... It sufficeth me to say that I won't be driving again for a while... but district meeting went well, and then we came back home and did some service!
SERVICE:    Mowed a few lawns, ran bingo, planted a garden at President Hinksons, and helped with a cinco de mayo party at the nursing home. Parties there are always poppin'. It was complete with Mariachi, Nachos, and lots of dancing!
Thursday night, I taught a scripture class to a recent convert and a few members... we're really really low in attendance right now.
Priscilla and Carlos are our main investigators here right now. This week we taught them the plan of Salvation, and they both LOVED it, and committed to be baptized. Priscilla came to church with her little baby, Anthony, and had a good time. It was mother's day, so the branch gave her a flower and candy. Good experience. I hope the Elders take good care of them.
Saturday, I got to skype home... it was a little awks at first, but it was super fun! It was the last time I'd see my family's face before I go home!
I've learned so much here in Ft. Stockton. I've had 5 comps here, and I've learned a ton from each of them. I've learned a ton about service. Here, let's make a list:
   
     Things I've learned in Ft. Stockton:
-How to use time wisely
-How to kill and skin a rabbit
-How to kill and skin a chicken
-How to plant a garden
-How to build a chicken coop
-How to teach in Spanish
- I don't need to be right about everything
- There are people prepared to hear the gospel... even in Ft. Stockton

There are so many things... God definitely sent me here to learn and to grow... and it took some time, but I've let him change me... I'll miss Ft. Stockton like crazy.
Love y'all!!
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment