Well, I actually forgot it was my birthday today lol, but thanks a ton for the packages and letters and emails. Y'all are the best!
Don't have much time today, but here's a good rundown.
Tuesday: Zone Training. About 18 missionaries from around the area drove in and Elder Holtman, the Sister Training Leaders, and I instructed them. I taught about governing by principles as opposed to rules. It was a good, busy day.
Thursday, we went to the temple! It was such a good visit. The drive was kinda miserable honestly... the member who brought us literally talked the ENTIRE drive. I was trying to sleep and the member kept waking me up to show me pictures of puppies. Haha but the temple was good. I'm comfortable enough there that I know my way around, and I get more out of it. I learned a lot about myself, and things I need to do these last few months.
Most of the week we've been contacting unknown records from the ward list. It's an assignment from our bishop. We've been using like all of our miles to get it done. I don't have to drive though, so it's not too bad (:
Saturday, we had the time of our lives working a few calfs. We castrated, tagged ears, and gave shots. Elder Holtman grew up on a farm, so it was heaven for him. By the end of the day, he was covered in poop, and I've never seen him happier. I've been teasing him about being a hick all week. He knows his cows well enough that I can name any three -digit number under 400, and he can tell me about the cow on his ranch that has been tagged with that number. It's hilarious. Here, I'll ask him about cow number 232.
Cow 232: He says, "This cow is a short, stocky cow. She's probably about four years old now. She's got frozen ears, raises smaller calfs... all black. Yep, that's 232."
Haha it's hilarious.
Sunday was good...always great to take the sacrament. I need it.
I am absolutely in love with the work here. It's the most fulfilling thing I've ever done.
Thanks again for the emails and birthday wishes! It made my day!!
Love y'all!
Elder Johnson
Aboss Abdalla
No comments:
Post a Comment