Transfer News: I'm staying in Amarillo at least another six weeks with Elder Holtman. I'll still be a zone leader with him, but there are tons of changes in our zone, and a whole new area being added to it.
We taught a ton of lessons this week! We taught over 30 lessons, and have a total of 6 baptismal dates. Most of them have just been set as a goal, and I don't expect them all to go through, but it's a great start. We have worked so hard here, and I'm happy that I get to stay one more transfer and see what more we can do.
The most progressing investigators right now are Ian and Liam. They are two young boys (10 and 11) and are the sons of a recent convert that just moved here. Their little brother Keegan (7 yrs old) is also preparing for his baptism, that will happen a little while after his brother's. They are some of the smartest boys I have ever met. We taught them the Plan of Salvation the other night in the church parking lot. We drew out the Plan of Salvation, and they drew in their own details. It was a good time! They are preparing for their baptism later on this transfer.
Things have been good, and the constant struggle of getting members out with us has been improving. We had about half of our lessons with a member present, and we have been pushing super hard.
We've been teaching an investigator named Billy. Good ol' Billy loves his alcohol and heroin. We went over to his house and taught him and his two roommates. We shared a short message over the drunken comments from Billy, and it was obvious that his roommates are scared for him. Billy has been digging himself deeper and deeper in his hole of an addiction. We said a closing prayer with them (holding hands and each taking turns praying as most Texans do) and the Spirit was really strong. We said a heart felt prayer for Billy, and one of his roommates, Denny, began to cry. After the prayer, Denny was so thankful for us coming over, that he got a picture with us, and kissed me right on the cheek haha. It was gross.
Don't have a lot of time this week while prepping for transfers, but here's a thought from a few verses about the sons of Mosiah (I've changed a few words to apply it to me)
And it came to pass that the hearts of the missionaries, and also those who were with them, took courage to go forth unto the Texans to declare unto them the word of God.
14 And assuredly it was great, for they had undertaken to preach the word of God to a wild and a hardened and a ferocious people; a people who delighted in murdering... and robbing and plundering; and their hearts were set upon riches, or upon gold and silver, and precious stones; yet they sought to obtain these things by murdering and plundering, that they might not labor for them with their own hands.
17 Therefore they separated themselves one from another, and went forth among them, according to the word and power of God which was given unto him.
It's a great undertaking... but more joy has come to me as I've labored in the service of God than I have ever before felt in my life. Love y'all! Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment