Tuesday we had a good District meeting, and then exchanges with one of our district leaders and his comp. We brought them both into our area and taught about 7 lessons that day. We had a good time.
I also interviewed an investigator for baptism. He lives in Canyon, TX and is super prepared to be baptized. Baptismal interviews are always great experiences... and kinda nerve-wracking. During the bap. interview, I literally represent the Lord, and the church. I am the one who decides if he is ready or not based on the standards of the gospel. He passed, and all went well.
Wednesday, we ended exchanges and taught seven more lessons. We prepped four of our investigators for baptism. We're planning on all four of them getting baptized this week. I'll send pics of them next week.
Kye and Meliah Snell, and Ian and Liam Wood are planning to be baptized. They are all between the ages of 10 and 14. It's a sweet experience teaching them. The ward has been making things hard to get them planned, and have been pushing a ton of stuff off on us, but we'll do anything we have to in order to get them baptized. Priorities man.
Thursday was also a sweet experience. We got picked up at 6:30 by a member, and headed toward the temple. We ended up doing two sessions, and spending a total of 4 and a half hours in the temple. It was a lot. By the end of it, I was a little overwhelmed, but it was an experience that I enjoyed. We went back home afterwards and taught a few lessons before the night was over.
Friday was a decent day. We had a total of like 3 people totally flake on us... it's hard.
On Saturday, we took another set of missionaries on exchanges. They are struggling a little bit, so we did all we could to help them. It ended up being a pretty good day. We taught Kye and Meliah who are prepping for baptism. Kye (9 yrs old) Is STOKED to be baptized. Partially because he gets to wear the baptismal jumpsuit. He thinks they're sweet.
Yesterday was stressful. Very stressful. We had all of our appointments punch on us, the times for our baptisms got announced wrong, and then changed twice without our approval, and without the investigators even knowing about it. We're working hard with the ward to get them planned. Ugh.
I'm stressing a bit about coming home... It's flying by... so fast.
I love y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment