Tuesday we conducted exchanges with the Spanish Elders. We taught a good amount of lessons, and had a super crazy day. We attended his District Meeting, and then left to teach. We took a a break for dinner, helped one of our neighbors move, and then taught a couple more lessons before the night was over.
Tuesday night the Zone Leaders from the Panhandle zone came and stayed the night with us. The next morning, they came with us to Lubbock to have exchanges with the assistants. So Wednesday, they took us around their area, and we honestly just knocked most of the time.
Thursday morning, we got up early and walked to the park with the assistants and some other zone leaders. It was hot and muggy, but we still got our frisbee on. We drove back up to Amarillo, and had half priced cheeseburgers at Sonic.
Friday we did about 2 and a half hours of weekly planning, and taught the last needed lesson to Meliah and Kye. They were preparing for their baptism and had been progressing and doing really well.
Saturday was a happy day. We ate breakfast at our ward mission leader's house, and then headed back to the apartment to change for the baptism. We were both doing the baptisms, so we got dressed in our whites, and then walked through our complex, past a bunch of people, and took off in our white truck. Haha we got a lot of stares. The baptism was great! I baptized Meliah, and Elder Holtman baptized Kye. I had never baptized anyone before, so I was pretty nervous... like really nervous. Tons of their family came and it was overall a really great service.
Saturday and Sunday night we went and knocked a bunch of apartments. We taught a total of 7 lessons on the sport while knocking. It has been really successful knocking that area.
I'm pretty happy. Things are going goo. Next week, I'll start my last transfer, and I'll also start *My Plan. It's a plan designed by the church to prepare you from home. It's all SO bittersweet! I have come to love this work, and I have come to understand that the Savior is a lot more involved with this work than any of us really know. If he wasn't so involved, then all of us dumb 18 year old boys would have messed it up a long time ago!
Love y'all!!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment