Tuesday, the 28th of June, we had our Zone Training. Elder Holtman and I planned the meeting, and both instructed. We had 24 missionaries there. It was a good meeting. It went from about 10:00 to 3:30, and then we had another little meeting after that.
After our meeting, we took two Elders (one of them is our district leader) on exchanges in our area. We had like 8 lessons set up for that night, but only like 4 of them ended up going through. Good day overall.
Wednesday, we went to the food bank with some other elders for some service. Then we went to lunch with an old couple in our ward, Brother and Sis. Parsons. Bro. Parsons learned morse code when he was 18 in the war, and he ended up showing us his HAM radio after dinner. It was really neat.
Drove out to a recent converts house (about 30 minutes outside of town) and taught him a short lesson. His name is Brother Priddy, and is about 80 years old. In the middle of the lesson, we were interrupted by a 9 inch centipede crawling on his window. It was terrifying. He grabbed the flyswatter and smacked the thing at least 15 times. In the process, he destroyed the living room, and the bug ran under the couch. My comp and I moved the couch and the fly swatter wasn't doing the job, so we ended up killing it with a wrench!
Thursday, we took bike day. We had a lesson punch on us, so we rode down to Chic-Fil-a. It was their opening day, so it was packed! It started pouring after supper, so we ended up riding home in the rain.
Did some good knocking during the week, and picked up a couple of people to teach. I have a new passion for knocking apartment complexes. It's a ton of fun.
Saturday, we taught like three lessons... Sunday was good too... idk.
Monday was the 4th! So, we woke up, had studies, and then went and bought like 70 hot dogs and fixins. We borrowed a bbq from a member and went to the stake center. We set up some tables, and had a bbq outside of the church. We had about 20 missionaries there! Afterwards, we played sports for like 3 hours! I don't even care what sport we play anymore... as long as it's competitive, I love it.
After the sports, we quickly showered, and then got picked up by Sister Paz. She had offered to bring us to Palo Duro Canyon, to see a musical. After getting permission, we went with her to the canyon. It was a great time. I had some of the best barbecue ever, and then we watched Texas: The Musical. It was a little musical about the settling of West Texas. They had a big firework show after... and then we drove back home. We got home around midnight, and I could barely think straight. It had been a LONG LONG time since I've been up til' midnight.
Yesterday, we had Zone Conference. We were at the church from 8:45 until about 8:00PM. It was a super good meeting, but then my comp needed an interview with the Mission President, so we stayed wayy after waiting in line.
The meeting was super good. I instructed about a fundamental (Teach People, Not Lessons) for an hour and a half, and then we had some instructions from my companion, the assistants, and President and Sister Heap. It was all focused on the Book of Mormon.
Towards the end of my meeting, they made me give a departing missionary testimony... It was my last zone conference, so they made all the old missionaries give a little testimony. I talked about my disappointment in coming to Texas, and how I've tried to overcome it. I've learned that it wasn't necessarily Texas that I was sent to, but the people. I was sent here because I would meet companions that would change my life. I would meet, and come to love President and Sister Heap. It was incredibly hard to speak. I got up there, and cried before I could say anything. I pushed through, and thought I did a decent job. It's so bittersweet to think about going home.
That's all for this week. Love y'all!
#WhileDaringGreatly
No comments:
Post a Comment