This week has been a good one. Wednesday, we did my last exchange. We taught 8 lessons that day, and I had a good time with an old friend, Elder Parkin. He is one of the district leaders in our zone. He's a super good kid. We spent most of our day doing missionary things... teaching and knocking.
Ours days have been so packed, we haven't had time for finding since that exchange, and we probably won't have time to go knock or tract until I leave. We got a call from the office, letting us know that we will be splitting our area next transfer, and that sisters will be coming in. They will be living in our apartment, and we need to find a new one on the east side of town. So that means that we need to find a new apartment, clean our old one, and get ready for sisters to come in. We also don't have any extra mattresses or desks at the office, so we have to make a little drive around our zone to pick up apartment items for our new place. (I say little, but our zone is about 4 hours from top to bottom). Haha it'll be a crazy week!!! Not to mention, we are preparing a family (The Gladwells) to be baptized this Saturday.
So the next week, we will be spending the first four hours of the day preparing for the new transfer, and then the last few hours of each night preparing the Gladwells and others to be baptized.
Church on Sunday was really good. I bore my testimony, and it felt like I was giving another farewell talk. We had like 8 non members there, and our gospel principles class was HUGE! We have a great teacher.
Yesterday, we taught the Diaz family. Joseph and Daisy, and their little 2 year old daughter. We ran into them, and started teaching them a few weeks ago. In one of our last lessons, Daisy told us that she had been praying for her family to come closer together, and then we just happened to stop by (: They're a ton of fun to teach. They are just SUPER receptive, and should be coming to church.
We also hike lighthouse trail at Palo Duro Canyon. We woke up early, met together as a zone, and then drove half an hour into the canyon. We hike for a total of about two and a half hours, and stopped for lunch on the way back. It was sweet seeing all of the zone, and getting some time to just go and hike.
Later that day, I had my departing interview with President Heap. We spoke on on one for almost an hour. We reviewed myplan for when I return home, and he gave me some great advice. We reviewed the things I've learned about prayer, scripture study, Sabbath day observance, service, and then went over some plans for dating (weird). Then we just talked. I could talk with him for hours and hours. He is just a treasure of knowledge.
Things are picking up, and coming to an end. I'll be sending my last email next week, and then my homecoming talk will be the following Sunday (the 18th). Love y'all!
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment