Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, December 22, 2014

He is the Gift

Friends and Family:
Thank you again to everyone who has sent me letters/packages/ornaments for Christmas. I'd love to list yall's names out, but there would just be too many (:
Have yall seen the He is the Gift video on Christmas.mormon.org?
If not, CHECK IT OUT! This video has the ability to bring the spirit into any home, whether it be on the wall of Doctor McFadden's home movie theater, or sitting on the ground of a one bedroom apartment on the cracked screen of an iphone, you can always feel God's love. I've probably seen the video 50 times, and I have yet to watch it without feeling butterflies. 
We get to skype home and I'm stoked/nervous. We'll wake up at 6:30 and study as usual on Christmas day, invite the other Elders in our area over to have breakfast and open packages, and then eat hang out with members the rest of the day. This Tuesday we have a Zone conference deal with a Christmas program by the APs and President Heap. Should be lots of fun!
During my last three months while living in the greatest country in the U.S., I've grown to love Pecans! And to make it even better, they're EVERYWHERE. I keep them in my bagpack and crack/eat them on long walks or rides. 
We've gained three new investigators this week, and have return appointments with them for later this week. We just shared a Christmas message with them, and we'll start seriously teaching them soon. Other than that, we're still visiting Merri and Terrell (our most solid investigators) as much as we can. They're doing a lot better financially, and the members here have donated over $200 worth of presents for their boys. We'll bring over all of the presents on Christmas eve. I'm happy to be able to help them out.
We had a Christmas program this Sunday that was really good. Probably one of my best experiences at church. I've learned to take the sacrament more seriously, and in return for making it a bigger part of my life, I've been able to feel the spirit much more while partaking of it. I've been studying about the crucifixion of Christ and the man named Barrabas, who was released out of prison instead of Christ. When we think about it, we are all sinners like Barrabas, and should be up on the cross suffering for our sins, but instead Christ has suffered for us, making our Father's plan possible.
Merry Christmas Yall!
Love, Elder Johnson 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment