appreciate them so much. I hope everyone's thanksgiving was as good of
a time as mine.
Our Thanksgiving day started out with a turkey bowl at the park with
some of the guys in our ward. It felt so good to be outside on a field
and to be able to just run around lol. We went back home and showered
to prep for a meal appointment at noon. We ate with the Van-Dykes, a
member family. We didn't stay there too long because we had another
meal appointment with a less active/part member family, the Treasures.
We ate with Candace Treasure, her son Jaden, and his Grandma. It was a
really cool appointment. Her son Jaden is 17 and hasn't been baptized,
and he's super interested in learning about the church. I think my
comp and I relate well with him. We'll be teaching him soon. We
couldn't stay there too long either, because we had another dinner
appointment at 3:30 with the Davis family, another member family. This
family is sure to take care of us. Sister Davis feeds us every Monday,
and we share a message with her for family home evening. I am so
grateful for these families who look after us missionaries. It means a
lot to us. Needless to say, after three dinner appointments, we were
pretty stuffed haha.
The next day wasn't so great. I went to the the doctor Friday morning
and I have another sinus infection with some sort of skin infection as
well. So they gave me my favorite thing to treat it: Another shot in
the butt (: I'm on antibiotics and other assortments of pills and am
feeling better. We spent Friday and Saturday in our appt. while I
recovered. Those were the longest day s of my mission. It really
sucked.
I went on splits earlier this week with my district leader elder
laudie. We met with a family in his area named the worleys. They are a
pretty old couple that feeds us every once in a while. We shared a
message with her and before we lelft, sis Worley remembered that I
play the piano and asked me to play her a hymn. I played a hymn, and
she asked me to play another. I said alright, one more, and then she
asked me to play another. This process repeated itself until I had
played at least 5 songs for her lol. I promised her that I'd bring
some of my sheet music to play for her next time.
Have y'all seen the Christmas initiative that the church has sent out?
The work of the Lord is truly quickening, and it's up to us to try and
keep up with him. Christmas.mormon.org has a sweet new video about
Christmas that's really easy to share. December ensigns have pass
along cards in them about the He is the gift Initiative. The church
will have ads about this Christmas message in Times Square New York
from Dec. 1 to Jan. 1. and have purchased many of the ads on youtube's
front page. Most of our finding/contacting is now done using this
Christmas message. It makes contacting a lot easier, because most
people, especially here in TX, won't be offended by a message about
Jesus Christ and Christmas. What an opportunity it is to be a part of
this push to share the message of Jesus Christ! I'm excited to go and
work.
Thank you again for the support and love. Sincerely, Elder Johnson
Helping out at the retirement home. Very serious about his game.
Turkey bowl
ALL of his meds
Thanksgiving at Sis Eliza Davis'/Candace Treasure
No comments:
Post a Comment