Friends and Family:
This week has been a nice change of pace. Last Monday after I emailed home we went to Wal Mart and as always we had a few people ask us where certain items were because they think we work there lol. There was one man who was seriously lost and had a few items on his list that he wanted us to help him with. One of them was Dr. Pepper. When a Texan can't find his Dr. Pepper, you know he needs help. We ended up helping him for like half an hour and then finished our own shopping haha.
Christmas and this week was so bittersweet. It was a nice change of pace to go to midland for a zone conference on Tuesday, and then have a day off work on Thursday. I got to skype home, which was really nice. It hurt to have to say goodbye again, but it was definitely worth it.
I've never before felt so close to my Savior as I did this Christmas. I felt his love for me stronger than I ever have before. It was an experienve that I hope I will be able to replicate in other Christmases. Thank you for all of the gifts and letters. They really made my day.
Friday and Saturday, on the other hand, weren't so great haha. I set a new record on Friday! Four people in a row swore at me when I tried contacting them on the street haha. It seemed nobody was in a good mood. Saturday wasn't much better. The temperature dipped into the twenties, which isn't a lot of fun in a bike area. We spent a good 6 and a half hours walking, and contacted but a few people. It was a trying experience mentally, emotionally, and physically. Both nights I got back to the apartment just feeling beat up haha. Overall, it was a good week. Back to work next week.
Our ward donated over $200 worth of clothes and gifts for our investigators Merri and Terrell, and their children. It was amazing. They were so grateful for the members and their love for this family. We should be teaching them again soon now that they're back on their feet.
With Love, Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment