Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, February 16, 2015

Backflip

Friends and Family:
This week has been SLOW! So it's probably not going to be a super long email, sorry.
I got to go to zone conference and hear instruction from the assistants and the president of the mission. He's an amazing man. We learned a lot about effective planning and different strategies you can use to outrun and outsmart scary dogs that want to eat you... (climbing trees, hopping fences, etc... )  Alright, I'm kidding about the strategies to outrun dogs, but it was still a cool meeting. I found out that Sister Kylea Custer is now serving in my zone! I get to see her every once in a while now.
 
Something I discovered this week was that Elder Cuessy and I possess a talent that no other companionship in this mission can do. Standing back flips! Haha we'll be talking to people or kids and if they don't seem too interested, or they're too young to teach, then we'll ask, "wanna see something cool?" We both take off our bags and do a backflip in the street in front of them. It's got us talking to a few people already lol. I guess God has given me this talent for a reason haha.
 
We've been working hard this week and trying to plan more effectively. We're really striving to be where the Lord wants us within our area, When He wants us to be there. It's tricky, but we're figuring it out. Serving in a branch and ward is keeping us plenty busy. My Spanish is getting better every day, and I can contact people in the streets fairly easy en espanol. Also, because my comp is a district leader, he goes on splits like once a week. So one day out of the week I get to spend a day with another Elder in my district. It's given me the opportunity to meet a lot of new Elders. It's super fun.
 
Hmmmm, not much else happened this week. We're still teaching Thomas, a pretty solid investigator, and are planning on setting a bap date with him soon. He might be our lucky break(:
 
Y'all have a blessed week, love Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment