Friends and Family:
Last week we were enjoying near 70 degree weather, and this weekend it took a plunge down to like 10 degrees. It sucks. The weather here is so bipolar.
My week started off with exchanges on Tuesday. I went to Sweetwater for 24 hours with a pretty new elder named Elder Ericson. I don't think I said two words the entire time I was with him. This guy told me his whole life story from the time he left the womb til now. I kinda wanted to punch him by the end of the transfer. It was good overall though. We did some needed work down in sweetwater, and found some new people for those elders to start teaching. While I was there, unfortunately, I left my towel in Sweetwater): I've been using a white collared shirt as a towel this whole week and have to wait til district meeting on Wednesday in Sweetwater to get it back ):
Thursday my comp and I were trying a Spanish potential on McMurry's campus. He wasn't home, but while we were walking around on campus we tried contacting some students on the street for YSA, and I now understand completely why only sisters are allowed to work in YSA wards. I tried to contact a girl on the street ( a very pretty girl ) and got so nervous I don't know if anything I said even made sense haha! It was sooo bad. We quickly got off campus and began walking to our car. We passed by a small house.. we heard some growling, and a HUGE gigantic dog came bolting out of the house at us. I quickly left me companion, and before I knew it I was halfway up the fence across the street, about to run through McMurrys football practice. The dog chased my companion into the street and then backed off and walked back inside. Scariest experience of my missionlol.
We went to the temple and did baptisms, and then this sunday did A musical number to get a less active guy to church. I had to sing in front of everyone with my comp, but we got him to church(: We had previously met with him and he said jokingly that if we did a musical number at church that he would come, so we contacted the bishop and set it up(: I also gave a talk in the Spanish branch... we got a call Saturday night that we would be tlaking. It was a lot of fun... I even got to bare my testimony in spanish. It was a cool experience.
That's about it for this week. We're teaching an investiagator named Thomas and trying to set a date for him to be baptised. He's coming along great but has sooo many questions that we're trying to answer for him. He's making progress, and we're teaching him tonight, so hopefully next week I'll be able to report to y'all that he's doing good (:
Well, pray for my comp and I as we try to get around in this weather. He's from LA, California area, and me being from Vegas, we have no idea what we're doing in this weather haha! Y'all have a blessed week, Love,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment