Thank you sincerely for the letters and emails! They were a boost in my week. Things are going well, and I've never been happier as a missionary.
Had my first crash on my bike ): Haha after 6 months in a bike area, I've gotten really comfortable riding on a bike w/ no hands. I got comfortable enough that I rode off a curb with no hands. As I did so, my front wheel turned and stopped the bike in its tracks. My body continued to propel forward over the handlebars, and into the middle of the street. Haha I ripped my pants in the process, so I had to bribe the sisters to sew them up for me.
We've been working hard to receive referrals from members! You members are the finders! We've received about 7 referrals this last week. None of them were interested, and we still taught a whopping 0 lessons this week, but I suppose it's a step in the right direction! (: In other news I'm getting a goofy tan line from my helmet. I've got some work to do on my tan when I get back home.
We've been looking for ways to serve members and less-actives. We were walking one of our LA's dogs, and talking to people as we walked around the block. As we walked under a lightpole I felt something warm hit my head. I figured a rainstorm was starting, and we were about to get soaked; however, there were no clouds in the sky. I reached up and touched the liquid on my head. At the same time I pulled my hand down to see my fingers covered in POOP, I saw the little grinning bird on the light post begin to fly away. I was so upset! Haha I shampooed twice that night. Don't worry.
Well... not much else is going on. I met a baptist lady who insisted we pray with her. As she said a prayer she started blabbering and 'speaking in tongues'. That kinda scared me haha.
I had a great spiritual experience passing the sacrament this week. I gained a stronger testimony that my savior has a personal love for me. and for you. and for all of us. The words of Isaiah comes to my mind speaking as the Messiah:
"I will not forget thee. I have graven thee into the palms of my hands".
God bless y'all,
Love, Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment