First off, transfers were this weekend! I'm leaving Canyon West and moving to the Lubbock North Stake in the Frenship Mesa ward. I've been called as a district leader over a couple of elders and sisters in my surrounding area. It's a little scary, but I'm stoked to get a new area... (and a new comp quite honestly). I'll move in tomorrow, to what I hear, is the nicest apartment in the mission! As a district leader, I'll get to go on exchanges almost every week. The only elders in my district are in Levelland (It's a fitting name for how ridiculously flat it is), so I'll be spending a good amount of time there.
A little about this week: Taught abouttt.... 0 lessons this week haha. I've been trying my best, but I think my new comp and I will be able to pull in some investigators. I'm stoked!
We've also been cleaning A TON. We found out that some sisters are moving into our apartment after we leave, so we've been instructed to clean til our apartment is SPOTLESS! After years of elders living in this apartment, junk has piled up like you wouldn't believe. It's kinda disgusting. The place is pretty clean now (no thanks to my comp who was busy packing his star wars lego collection), and I'm just happy overall to be leaving.
What did I learn this week? I learned how to clean an oven, and that bleach works wonders on a bathtub.
Got to go to the temple this week too! I think we're the only elders in the mission that can say, " this Thursday we woke up and walked to our session at the temple". I had a sweet experience. Got to see a couple cool sisters that came out with me that just happened to be at the temple.
Not much else happened this week.
Oh yah! We had our dishwasher explode on us. All of the sudden our dishwasher started making some noises that dishwashers shouldn't make... Then suddenly, our kitchen was filled with bubbles! It was crazy.
Maybe I should include something spiritual in my email... Here's a cool quote I found studying. It's amazing how simple the gospel is, and how much it blesses us.
"An interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ's footsteps. If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way He walked, loving caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way, one day you'll look up and discover that His path has led you directly to the throne of God. For that is and ever has been His great purpose and mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with Him in His Heavenly Home"
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment