Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, April 6, 2015

Conference

Friends and Fam:

What's up!? Got to do a TON of service for the local African American Museum here. It's been a lot of fun. Laying brick, shoveling dirt, planting flowers.. A lot of fun. I think I enjoy service so much because it seems to be more productive than tracting lol. 
We've been having a tough time finding people, so I've been studying finding people to teach ALL week. We taught one lesson to a new investigator this week! It felt so good to teach, the moment we walked out the door a threw a backflip I couldn't contain my joy haha. 
General Conference was great! Luckily, we found a member's house to crash at for two of the sessions. I couldn't help but notice a theme of the importance of families through-out the conference. Some of my favorites were both of Uchtdorfs and Holland's talk. 
Haha not a whole lot else is going on here. Gonna go play volleyball later today, and then street contact forever! Our prayers and fast did pay off, and we were blessed to teach our new investigator Nathan last week. We plan on teaching him again this Tuesday. He has some mental problems, so we've really had to learn how to teach simply. It's like teaching a ten year old. We have to use simple vocab, speak slowly, and check for understanding all the time. 
Oh, and HAPPY EASTER! Only like a month til we get to skype home, and I'm already stoked. 
Got any questions or anything else you want to hear about? Send me an email, carter.johnson@myldsmail.net, and I'll include it in my next email out. Things are dry out here, sorry for the short email. Love,
Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment