Things are peachy here in TX (:
And Busy. Super busy.
We've spent this first week running a lot of errands, and getting things situated with our district leaders, and making a lot of calls, picking up supplies for missionaries... etc. Craziness.
Here are some significant events:
Peter Was BAPTIZED! One month after contacting him, he was finally baptized. Our mission president came to the baptism and requested that we bring him to lessons with Peter to help get him to the temple. It's kinda nerve-wracking having your mission president as a member present lol. Peter is such a sweet guy. Elder Lake (Mijo) baptized him, and I gave a quick talk. After Peter came up out of the water, he looked up, as if he were looking deep into the heavens, and shouted, "Thank You Jesus!" Haha he is so sick. He was confirmed the next day. While preparing him for baptism, at the end of a lesson, he exclaimed to us,"Oh man... this is great!" I'll never forget that. That's how we all should feel about the good news, glad tidings, or the gospel as we call it... Oh man, This is GREAT!
We had four departing missionaries stay with us this transfer. We were all trying to catch up on sleep, and these missionaries had a PARTY. They didn't have anything to worry about, they were going home the next morning. They had to leave early the next morning, so by the time we got up, they had already left, however, they did a horrible job at 'leaving no trace' as us scouts would call it. There were towels, and remnants of pillows, and pieces of white shirts that had probably been torn off their bodies, spewing buttons everywhere... it was a mess lol.
We mad bomb-diggity french toast pb and j's. Step one: Make a pb and j. Step two: dip in egg, milk, and vanilla batter. Step 3: Fry it up and add some syrup on top. #DELICIOUS
With this new transfer, I also gained 2 new comps. I'll give a brief bio of both of them.
Elder Sork: My fellow Zone Leader, and companion is one of the most loving dudes I've ever met. He has quite the dear john story, and actually reminds me a lot of myself sometimes... except he can speak better Spanish.
Elder Sork is one of the most accident prone people on the face of the planet. During his most recent accident, he SMASHED his toe with a post hole digger. His toe got infected, and he had to get a shot to stop the infection. I won't tell you where he had to get the shot.
I've never had more fun before in a companionship. We get along super well. Basically Best Friends 5 eva.
Elder Walker: Mijo is actually from my stake back at home. He was zoned for arbor view, but I think he was homeschooled. He is GREEN. Like, deep forest green is how crayola would probably describe it.
We are teaching him how to cook, study without falling asleep, be a missionary, and clean a bathroom. It's lots of fun.
Elder Walker set a record this week. he currently holds the record for fastest popped tire. Within the first two minutes of his first bike ride in the field, Elder Walker destroyed his front tire. Absolutely destroyed. It was awesome. Luckily we now drive a truck, so we can just throw the bikes in the bed.
Well, that's all I have to report this week, I'm happier than I've ever been. Love Y'all. Have a blessed week,
Elder Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment