Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy Halloween

Hey. 
This week in preparation for Halloween we got a whole bunch of decorations in my comps package... so... we decorated the AP's (Assistants to the President) apartment! (: They live just a few buildings down from us, so we sneaked in and decorated their apartment with plenty of spider webs, and fake spiders. I'm sure they'll appreciate that (:

In other news, we also had a big zone meeting (Zone Conference) where President and Sister Heap, and both of the assistants instructed. It was good stuff! BTW, did I tell you that I'm instructing about Elder/Sister relationships to the zone in a few weeks? Yah, wish me luck lol.  I learn so much from President. I'm almost positive that the main reason I was sent to Texas on my mission, was to learn from that man. He's just a treasure trove of knowledge. He instructs to us over conference calls a lot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had the standard works MEMORIZED. What a man. WHAT A MAN. 

Hey, so remember our investigator Greg? The one that infected us with blood sucking bed bugs? Yah, well after he got us infected and almost cost us thousands of dollars to get our apartment fumigated, he DROPPED us. Kind of. We told him that since he's 24 (or so) he has the option of going to the singles ward.We mentioned it, but tactfully 'forgot' to give him the address or time of the singles ward. Sunday for church , Greg didn't show. ... then about thirty minutes after church or so, We get a call from the YSA missionaries. They asked if we were the missionaries that were teaching Greg, before he SHOWED UP AT THE SINGLES WARD! GREG WENT HOME, LOOKED UP THE ADDRESS, AND THE TIME FOR THE SINGLES WARD, AND THEN JUST SHOWS UP!!!! WHO DOES THAT?! So basically the YSA missionaries are teaching him now, and yes, he's still getting baptized, just not by us. I'm not bitter or anything... Haha I joke around about it, but I am super impressed by Greg being willing to just take steps of faith. Good man. 

We also started teaching a blind lady this week(: Her name is Peggy Butler. The sister missionaries go over and help her organize outfits so that she doesn't look (in her own words) "silly". She's such a sweet lady, she's been taught by missionaries before, and asked us if she could pay tithing even though she's not a member lol(: She has one problem though. She is ADDICTED to coffee. She says it helps take away pain in her eye, so we have some investigating to do surrounding that. More news coming soon. 

It's been such a blessing training Elder Walker. Training new missionaries also helps older missionaries refocus on the basics, and honestly, he makes me want to be more obedient. It's stressful at times (especially in addition to all the errands and extra duties we have to fulfill) but I have learned so much. Elder Walker keeps things interesting(: He is a hyper dude sometimes, and is super humble, which makes it easier to train him. Elder Sork and I (My ZL comp) get along GREAT! We're so much alike, it makes the work seem more like play. All in all, I'd say Elder Walker adds a nice spice to the Sork and Johnson Casserole we got goin' on. Speakin' of casseroles, I made a wicked good casserole deal this week. 

Last, but definitely not least, we wrecked our truck. My comp was driving, and we had stopped at a stop sign. There was a car turning to our right, and some teenage girls were driving a car coming from our left. The girls were going at least 50 in this residential area, and were obviously distracted. They looked up, swerved to get out of the way of the car to our right, and swerved so hard that they rammed into the front of our truck, swept across the front, and took out a stop sign. I was in so much shock, I don't even remember most of it lol. The girls either got scared, or realized that it was their fault and took off! We called the cops, and got it taken care of; however, we now have like an hour worth of paperwork to do for the mission /: The funniest part was that when the girls crashed into the stop sign, they completely flattened one of their tires, so as they drove away, their rim dug into the street so deep that the cops could follow the mark in the road all the way to where the girls parked the car lol. 

That's all folks, Love
Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment