Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, December 7, 2015

15 Months

HEYO
The other day I was on exchanges, and as we got dressed for bed I noticed that this new missionary's clothes were a LOT whiter than mine. My undershirts were gray compared to his and my collared shirts were missing buttons and looking a bit more yellow compared to his. A few of my pockets have been re-sewed or super-glued back together and I seem to be a little more stained by the Texas dust than these new missionaries. I think it's completely appropriate to say that this ain't my first rodeo. #15Months

Although I've been out a minute, it feels like I came out a few months ago. It's crazy. Time flies, but then some of the days really drag on. The days feel like weeks, and the weeks feel like days. 

Zone Training was last week! All of the missionaries in the surrounding areas came (Pecos, Alpine, Vanhorn, Monohans, Ft. Stockton) and Elder Garey, I, and the Sister Leaders from Midland had the opportunity to instruct. I covered the topic of Leadership/stewardship, and then we also showed the new Christmas videos that the church put out and trained each other on how to use this new initiative. It was really fun. Our senior couple joined us and then made us lunch after. 

This week was kinda crazy. I've never worked so hard.. EVER. And because of it, we're seeing a lot more success. Lots of help with members, and lots of people to teach. Our main investigator (Earl Buchanan) is preparing for baptism onDec. 19th. He recently broke up with his girlfriend and moved out of her house to keep the law of chastity. I really look up to people who have strength/faith to make changes in their lives to keep commandments. He is super fun to teach. He asks great questions and reads from the BOM all the time. 

In other news, Ft. Stockton has TONS of stray dogs that run around. Elder Garey and I leave the back door open when we could to help air out the kitchen, and during the three weeks of doing that, we've had 2 dogs and 2 cats run into our house. We named the friendliest dog Bill, and his little friend Ted. We found out today that Bill was a girl and it was devastating. Elder Garey HATES Cats, so whenever I get the chance, I grab the cat from outside our door, and bring it inside to play. Once I got both cats inside while he was in the bathroom. He flipped when he came out haha. 

Wellll, things are peachy here. Working hard, and figuring out Branch life. Talk to y'all next week, 

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment