Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, December 14, 2015

Splash Zone

Como Estan
   This week was just as busy as the rest. We did exchanges in VanHorn, Texas. Population 2000 or so. I spent the day in VanHorn with a past comp of mine, Elder Cuessy. It was super good to serve with him again (: We end up doing TONS of service in these small towns. We had people calling US to come do service. The missionaries out there stay in one of our three travelling trailers, two of which are in my zone. The electricity only works when it wants to, and there is no hot water haha. If the Elders are lucky, there's a shower house in some of the trailer parks. 
    VanHorn is like the only place in our mission (Minus Ruidoso and Alpine) that actually has mountains! It was a sight to see. Mt. Guadalupe is in the Vanhorn Elder's area. It's the tallest mountain in TX. 

     This Christmas we'll be spending most of the day with the Senior Couple here, Elder and Sister Wells. They work at the prisons here, and are the funniest couple I've ever met. She's the typical grandma, (Loves to spoil us, and makes arts and crafts like nobody's business, and can't figure out how to use her new Ipad) and he, on the outside, is the most serious, straight forward man I've ever met. I think he's actually a softie on the inside, so I poke fun with him to see how he responds. I'll crack him one day. I am super grateful for them. They really take care of us Elders out here in Ft. Steezy. 
     
     Earl buchanan, our investigator, passed his baptismal interview, and will be baptized this Saturday by a recent convert in our ward, Bro Boswell. Earl has come a long way, and even broke up with his girlfriend to get baptized. #WutaMan I'm so stoked. I'll be sitting way up in the first row #SplashZone

     Elder Wardell (A District Leader in the Zone) and I went to Iraan this week for sacrament meeting. I swear there are like 60 people that live there. The only people that came to sacrament meeting was Elder Wardell, myself, and the Branch leader that lives there. His wife didn't even come because she was sick. We usually meet at the hotel lobby in town, but there was a guy watching Rambo in the lobby, so we just went to Bro. Spear's house (The Branch leader). We sang an opening hymn, then Bro Spear sang a sacrament hymn while Elder W and I prepared the sacrament. We passed it, each gave a quick talk, and ended with a prayer. 40 minute long church yesterday. It was great. 

     We also had a District wide priesthood meeting yesterday. We have the most cowboy (I just used cowboy as an adjective) District/Stake in the WORLD. The whole MUNDO. Our district presidency, and all of the Branch Presidents wore Jeans, a bolo tie, and cowboy boots. I flippin love it. It was a good meeting. Super Spiritual. President Heap spoke too. It was all about family history and getting our butts to the temple. I walked outside after the meeting, and there, in the parking lot, sat 15 of the biggest trucks in West Texas. All of our leaders in the district drive massive trucks. I want to be a cowboy so bad. 

Times up, talk to ya later. Have a Blessed week. 


Elder Johnson

His descriptions of his pictures:
1 & 2-Merry Christmas from Fort Stockton!! Home of the Largest RoadRunner in the World
3-District Meeting. #SelfieStick Best purchase I've ever made on my mission.
4-Exchanges in Vanhorn, TX for a night. Elders there live in a tiny trailer. 
5-From Iraan, ontop of the town't famous caveman, Alley-oop






No comments:

Post a Comment