This week has been one of the craziest of my life.
We helped prep Earl Buchanan for baptism (which was this Saturday). We taught him a whole bunch of lessons with members, and he has been doing so good. He's made sooo many changes to be baptized. He really has changed his life to make this commitment. We got to the church early to fill up the font for 3 hours. On the instructions on how to fill it up, it said, "DO NOT MOVE THE COLD WATER SWITCH. ONLY USE HOT WATER". We didn't ask questions, we just turned on the hot water and let it fill up. After the three or so hours were over, we closed the doors to the font, and got the baptismal service started. It eventually came time for the ordinance, and Brother Boswell, (The Baptiz-er) led Earl down into the water. I looked closely and noticed that the water was STEAMING, and both Earl and Brother Boswell were obviously in a bit of pain because of the hot water. We had no idea it was so hot... (Later on we found out that the water was 130 degrees) Despite the crazy hot water, the baptism went well. The Spirit was there, and Earl is doing great. Great addition to the branch here.
We also went to the temple! The senior couple here, Elder and Sister Wells, drove us up to Lubbock, and we had a great session at the temple. Sister Wells is a calligraphy master, so she makes us practice our cursive during the drive up to the temple haha. and Elder Wells tells us stories from 'back in the day' haha I love them.
I've also been unoficially called as the Branch Primary Pianist. I haven't practiced the piano in forever, so it's kinda intimidating, but I can usually pick through most of the songs. My companion right now is a piano/theater/singing/ artsyfartsy genius, so I don't know why he doesn't do it... many are called but few are chosen. I love playing for the four kids we have in our primary.
Not much else going on this week. Elder Garey fed one of our animal friends (Josh the cat) some milk, and the next night he brought his friend Drake, so missionaries for years will have cats meowing at their door here haha.
We have an even CRAZIER week planned for this week, so I'll have plenty to email about.
FELIZ NAVIDAD!
Have a merry Christmas
Love, Elder Johnson
Pictures
1-Our new service project/finding project. We knock on people's doors and ask to rake their lawn for them. We get lots of service hours this way, and LOTS of new people to teach!


No comments:
Post a Comment