Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, December 28, 2015

Beat Box Champ

Friends and Family:

This week has been the busiest of my life. I think I say that every week, but I really mean it this time. We had the second annual JINGLE JAM this week. It's a huge Christmas party that Sister Heap puts together every year. We have a talent show at the beginning, eat lunch, and then have a more spiritual meeting. This year we all sent pictures of our zones to the assistants, and then with some help, they got a slideshow put together for the Heaps. It was really neat. Shout out to Sister Udall and Sister Custer (Both from Las Vegas) for putting the slideshow together!
Elder Garey, myself, and another elder in my zone did an improv jazz piano skit, and then I beat boxed for Elder Lund (my new comp) while he sang Christmas songs. After my beatboxing act, the assistants pulled five Elders up, including myself, and had a beatboxing competition lol. I ended up winning the beat-box-off, or at least tying with Elder Itula another Zone Leader. It was a good, crazy day! Elder Garey was sick, so it was a little stressful, but overall, SUPER good. We finished the day off by watching it's a wonderful life with the Heaps. 

TRANSFERS ARE IN! I'm staying here in Ft. Stockton a little longer, but I'll be getting Elder Lund. Elder Garey is going up to Borger, TX to freeze his butt off lol. Poor guy. They have like two feet of snow apparently. 
The actual day of transfers is being delayed because of the weather... thank goodness I have a truck. 

Christmas was great too! We spent the majority of the day at the senior couple's house here (Elder and Sister Wells, and playing uno. I got the sweet experience of skyping home, and opening letters and presents from loved ones. Christmas was great until the evening when I got an extra special gift of the flu, and puked all of my Christmas dinner up(: Good times. 

In other news, the weather here has dropped from 75 to about 30 in just a few days. Transfers are delayed, and it's so cold, I'm going to die. The other Elders in Ft. Stockton live in a trailer park on the South side of town. We got a call from them the other night saying that their main water line broke, and that their electricity is out! So we had to pull and emergency rescue to go pick them up. They'll be living with us until we get transfers figured out. Things are crazy out here. 

That's all for this week. I had a special spiritual experience reading from the early chapters of Luke Christmas evening. There's a special Spirit this time of year. 

Happy New Year!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment