Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, August 1, 2016

Last Transfer

Transfers came in, and I will be spending my last 6 weeks here in Amarillo, TX. Elder Holtman will be leaving to Midland, TX to be a zone leader there. I'm getting Elder Gray, who will get here sometime tomorrow. He has been out around 16 months, and I'm stoked to be with him! I've talked to him a lot at other meetings, and he was trained by a good friend of mine, so I already know what to expect. 
I started the MyPlan program today. It's a program put out by the church to help missionaries prepare to return home. It's focused on remembering the things you learned as a missionary, planning and setting goals for the future, and preparing for career, education, and marriage. I'm particularly scared of the marriage section /:

The teaching here is rough. We still teach a ton, but we have been working even harder lately to get the same amount of lessons in. We probably had about 10 people set up lessons with us, and then not even be there for the second lesson. It was super disappointing. We are disappointed, but trying not to be discouraged. We still are teaching a ton, but it's just hard. Our knuckles are sore, and we are running out of apartment complexes to knock (We finished knocking two apartment complexes this week.

We had some good recent convert lessons with Kye and Meliah Snell. They are doing great, and we will be doing family history with them soon. Hopefully we'll get to go to the temple with them this transfer.  

We knocked into a family this week from Myanmar. They are refugees, and are fluent in their tribal language, and Burmese. They speak enough English that we can teach them. We knocked on the door, and the mom (Kihne) greeted us and let us right in. We then met her husband (Somwe) and their two kids, Esther and Steven. We very simply shared the message of the restoration, and bore our testimonies. We all felt the Spirit, and we have a return appointment fortonight. 

Saturday night, before transfer calls, we ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse with the Spanish Elders. My comp gets tons of gift cards, so we go there for free at least once a transfer. It's always a nice break to go eat out.

Well, it's my last transfer, and I have made a promise with Father that I will give my all for the last 6 weeks. I have a hard zone to work with, and there is a LOT of room for growth here in the zone. I am up for the challenge! It will be hard, but it's only 6 weeks. You can do anything for six weeks, right? 

I love y'all, God Bless,

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment