Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, August 22, 2016

Hey Folks

Hey folks...
#Week102 

So... I'm trying to remember what happened this week. I know we did stuff, I just can't really remember what. 

We did two different exchanges this week. On Tuesday we loaded up and drove to Lubbock with other zone leaders from the panhandle area. We got there and did a twenty four hour exchange with the assistants in the YSA ward. It was a good time... they don't have a ton of investigators though, so we knocked like ALL day. Nobody is even living on campus either, so we were probably knocking on a lot of empty dorms. It ended up being a good day. I learned a lot, and actually got to go on exchanges with an old comp, Elder Sork. We had a great time. 

Friday, we also conducted exchanges with Elder from Canyon, TX. One of them is a district leader, and the other is in training. They're both super great guys, and we were able to teach a decent amount of lessons. We ended the night with some shakes from sonic #HalfPricedShakesAfterEight. 

On the way home, the clouds gathered, and we were suddenly in the middle of a lightning storm. The rain came down in sheets, and we got soaked just running from our car to the apartment. Weather here is REAL. 

Stake conference was also this week. A skill that I've developed on my mission that I've really been enjoying lately, is the ability to receive revelation. It doesn't matter who is speaking, or even what they're speaking about... if I am prepared to receive inspiration, the God will give it to me. I ask, and he gives. I've learned, however, that I need to ask the right questions. Most of the time God won't questions like, "Why did you put me with this horrible companion" or "How come it's so hard to work this area?". Instead a more humble approach of, "What do I need to change about myself in order to make this area more productive?" fosters so much more inspiration. 
So anyway, stake conference was good. I realized that the organization of the mission is the exact same as the church. The stake conference was just a bigger version of a zone training. It's all the organization of God. It's all so simple. 

We're teaching a kid named Jaeron. He is a 15 year old African American, and he loves his Nikes. He actually came to stake conference, and is doing super good. He is moving to Arkansas here pretty soon, so we're just basically prepping him for the next missionaries. He is hilarious, and gets off track super easy. Last time we taught him, he prayed for Donald trump to not be president. He also asked us if we believe in Nessy and Sasquatch. 
Every lesson, he plays us rock paper scissors to see who is going to say the closing prayer. If We win, then he says it. If he does, then one of us says it. Every time we play him, I pray for inspiration on what to choose. With the help of the Spirit, we've beaten him three times in a row. #RevelationThroughPrayer. 

Things are good. We're working so hard. It's just flown by. 

Love y'all, 

Elder Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment