Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, January 5, 2015

Ice

Friends and Family:
This week has been sooo cold!!! It got down around ten degrees earlier this week and hasn't really been over 32 in a while. We just walked everywhere. I even ate it a couple of times on the ice trying to get to an appointment lol. I was not expecting this kind of weather in Texas! Not Fun, especially for a Vegas boy.
This week was so slow because of the ice. We had a former investigator, Itzel, take us to Texas Roadhouse! It was the first time I've ever been and I loved it. It's a little out of a missionary's budget, so I most likely won't be going there again as a missionary haha. The best part about the dinner was that Itzel, the investigator who dropped us, told us to send the Spanish missionaries over so that she could talk to them and take the discussions. Hebdon and I were very happy to hear that.
Elder Hebdon is about ready to go home. You could say he's a little trunky haha. He still goes out and works, but it's to the point where I'm leading basically everything. He's made these last three transfers a blast, and it'll be sad to see him go.
We only taught one or two lessons this week. Merri and Terrell (our investigators) Keep punching on our appointments, and finding was hard in the ice, but this week will be faster paced hopefully (: I'm feeling a lot more settled in to Texas and the mission life in general.
I read a scripture in Alma 26 that I likened unto myself that I'd like to share. This is how I read it with a little bit of paraphrasing and word changes.
We came into West Texas with the intent that perhaps we might save a few of their souls. When our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us. He said"bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success". We have entered into their houses and taught them. We have taught them in their streets, and upon their hills. We have been cast out and mocked, and spit upon and smote upon. By the power and wisdom of God, we have been delivered again and again. We have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul.
      I have yet to see any success, but I do know that if I bear with patience these hard times, I will see success in one way or another. I'm having fun, working hard, and growing everyday. I love y'all!
-Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment