Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, January 26, 2015

Just when you think you have it figured out

Friends and Family
Crazy news... Transfers were this week! My companion is going  to Lubbock on Tuesday, and then heading back to Idaho on Wednesday. It's been a trying/emotional time for both of us. I'm super grateful for him and his example to me. It's been a blast. 
I've been serving in the Abilene 2nd ward since I got here. I got my transfer call Saturday night and they are combining me with the Spanish elders. I'll be staying in their apartment with my new spanish comp Elder Quessy (formerly known as Cosmo the Cougar). Yes, he actually was the cosmo the cougar haha. I will now cover my old area (Abilene 2nd North) and now serve in the Spanish branch, covering the entire city as a Spanish missionary... or at least that's what they told me, I'm still kind of in shock haha. In case you don't know, I don't speak Spanish haha! I'm super stoked for the opportunity to learn though. My new address is 1000 Justice Way, appartment 907 Abilene Tx 79602. This transfer was a HUGE surprise to say the least, but I know elder quessy pretty well, and I'm excited to serve with him. Pray that I'll be able to catch on quickly in the new Spanish branch haha. 

What else has gone on this week? Not a whole lot. Hebdon has been checked out for a little while, so not a whole lot of work has gotten done to be honest haha. He did his best. We've been cleaning our apartment inside and out (literally) because they're moving missionaries out of there permanently. The windows are washed, clothes are packed, walls and floors scrubbed, and bathroom clean. It was a miracle we got that place clean. I'll most likely move out tomorrow night to stay with Elder Quessy. We aren't working with anybody super solid... The other missionaries are teaching Rachel whom we picked up for them last week, but the work continues to be slow (: and that's okay.

We've got haircuts, shopping, and lots more cleaning to do today. We got a call from the seminary teacher here last night, who wanted us to teach part of the lesson this morning. So this morning we reluctantly set our alarm for 5:45 and got ready for seminary. It brought back a lot of memories. Hebdon taught a short message about his mission and him preparing to go home, and I bore a testimony. 

Not much else is going on this week... I pray for the gift of tongues and understanding as I begin working with the Spanish branch. Best of luck to Elder Jacob Hebdon as he heads home. Y'all have a blessed week. 
-Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment