Texas, Lubbock Mission

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ghost Pepper

Friends and Fam:
This week was a rollercoaster. Tons of ups and downs.
We had dinner last Monday at a member's home of the Spanish branch. We had a pretty good dinner, and at the end of it, he dared us to eat a Ghost Pepper. My comp and I quickly ate the peppers and I thought I was literally going to die haha! My comp ended up laying on the ground and then throwing up for a good 10 minutes it was hilarious. Hottest thing I've ever eaten.
Went on exchanges with a zone leader in Abilene named Elder Schouton, who's actually from Riverton, Utah haha! We had a good time, and I learned A TON from him. He only has a few months left. He's definitely  a role model to me. He makes it obvious that I have so much more to learn.
The Weather here has been insane. It went from 20 degree weather, up to seventies, and then back down into freezing the last couple of days. CRAZY. We have to go down and turn on the car in the middle of studies to get it warmed up so the ice thaws enough to scrape it off.
I started having dreams in Spanish lol. It's been really weird. This week I'm practicing my teaching in Spanish, and hope to be able to hop in some lessons and teach a little bit with my comp.
We got a call from YSA sisters the other day, and they told us that one of their former investigators (John) really wanted to learn how to play the piano. They set up a time for us to teach him, and we went over for the lesson last night. This guy answers the door, and he has tattoos all over his face and arms complete with a teardrop underneath his eye. We warmly welcomed us in, and I started teaching him. We found out he's from Houston, and has always wanted to play the piano. It's been a dream of his forever. He quickly picked up on note reading, and got real excited. About halfway through the lesson we heard a knock on the door. He opened it and outside stood two huge Mexican dudes. John said... uhhh, give me just a minute.. He walked outside, and I'm pretty sure made a drug deal, and then came back inside and kept practicing haha! We plan on teaching him once a week and counting it for service. It's a lot of fun.
Besides that, this week has been tough. Right when my Spanish is getting decent, and I begin to plan and teach better than ever before, we got hit with some really bad luck. We've had two investigators drop us (one of them Thomas) and around ten appointments punch, four of them with members at the appointments with us. It's been really hard. Transfers are next week, and I'm kinda hoping I just get moved out of this area... IDK, I also really really want to keep learning Spanish though. We'll see what happens.
 
Y'all have a blessed week.
 
Elder Johnson



He Made his famous chicken casserole for 8 elders


 5 dogs and 2 cats in a little trailer makes it hard to teach a lesson



 New tracting method

No comments:

Post a Comment