Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, March 16, 2015

Leaves and more leaves

Friends and Family:
I'm loving it here in Lubbock. It's so much different than Abilene. The people are younger, wealthier, and everything is a little more modern I feel like. My new comp is Elder Christensen from Ogden, Utah. 
Fun Facts about Elder Christensen: 
-Has been a video gamer since the age of 7
-Enjoys listening to Lord of the Rings soundtracks
-Had a girlfriend that broke up with him by sending him her wedding announcement
-Only eats microwavable dinners 
-Has been out 15 months
-Loses EVERYTHING he owns daily. 

E Christensen and I are a lot different, but get along super well... I don't think I've ever laughed as much in my life as I do with him. He's one of he funniest guys I've ever met. 

Started out the week with a ton of service. 8 hours of it to be exact. We raked leaves, tore out carpet, and raked some more leaves. Investigator-wise, this area is pretty dry right now. Not really working with anybody that's progressing... It's tough not seeing any progress with anyone. Sometimes it seems useless to even go contact people, but we keep trying anyway (: It's kind of strange working in white people neighborhoods all of the sudden. However, I love that the temple is in our area! Many times I feel discouraged working in this area, and then turn the corner and see the statue of Moroni high in the air. It's a great opportunity to be this close to the House of the Lord. 

My comp is a district leader, and makes calls most nights to the other missionaries near-by. It's a lot of fun hearing how the other missionaries are doing. It makes me feel a little less alone in this sheltered life as a missionary. Luckily, he's also a Spanish elder, so I still get Spanish study every day. 

Not much else is going on this week. I get to go play dodge ball after we shop with all of the missionaries here in Lubbock. 

I'll be sure to have more to write next week.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment