Friends and family:
After a long six months in Abilene, I am being transferred to Lubbock tomorrow. Canyon ward, West Area. A couple of random facts about my area:
-It is the smallest area in the mission
-I will not have a car. It's strictly a bike area... Yay.
-The Lubbock temple is in my area
-The ward I cover is English ): But my new comp is Spanish, so I will still be studying the language every day.
-The ward is Lubbock's deaf/impaired hearing ward. I may get to learn some sign language lol (:
-Sister Kylea Custer served there a few months ago!
It's heart breaking being moved out of my first area. I feel like I'm leaving home again, it's terrible. I hear missionaries really blossom in their second area however, so we'll see how that goes. I'll miss the families and investigators I've met here. It's tough, but I suppose the Lord has a plan for me there. I'm excited to be back in a somewhat large city. If ony they had in n out, then I'd be excited lol.
Well that's that. In other news, for lunch the other day, my comp and I went to the only... yes the ONLY two-story Dairy Queen in the country of Texas. Yes, the whole country. It was crazy. DQ's are huge here in TX, and have a ton of items on the menu only available here.
We also got invited to a girl's Quince who is in our branch. We are pretty close with the family. They feed us at least once or twice a week. We ate dinner at the quince, took some pics with the Juarez family (whom I will miss dearly) and then left before the dancing started haha.
Well, not much else is going on... I have to go pack, so that's fun (: I am excited, however, to meet a whole new zone of missionaries and be much closer to my mission president.
I don't have my new address yet, so hold off on the packages.
I spoke with Sister Custer at Stake conference yesterday... we spoke about my new area, and a few things about home. I had given some instruction to the zone about teaching in unity with your comp, and sister Custer complimented me on the instruction and then said, " It's crazy to see how much you've grown up". Since then, I've been reflecting on how much I've grown since senior year... and since last summer. I am SO grateful I left, and so grateful for the growth I've experienced, physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally... God Bless,
No comments:
Post a Comment