Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, March 30, 2015

Oh Lubbock

Friends and Family:
Another week flew by! Not a lot went on haha. I taught maybe 3 lessons this week total. I think that's more than last week though (:
I've been working with a new mindset this week. I know that there's someone in this area prepared to hear this gospel, so as I ride around and contact, I talk to everyone with the mindset of "what if this is the person that has been prepared to hear the gospel at this time?" It's made things more productive and it's been driving me to work harder. My comp and I fasted this Sunday to find someone to teach; someone that has been prepared. We are now setting apart an hour each day to go tract in different areas of Lubbock. We pray that we will be led guided to that one person who is waiting for us (:

In case y'all didn't know, the wind here sucks. We had a pretty big wind storm earlier this week that picked up while we were riding home one night. It was so windy the sand blowing in the air would sting when it hit my skin. We could barely keep the balance on our bikes!

Have y'all heard about the new Easter Video the church put out? Helives.mormon.org is a new site they put out with some really good info on the last week of the Savior's life along with a powerful short video on Christ and his resurrection. Check it out and share it on twitter, insta, or Facebook!

It's been made really obvious this week that my comp doesn't have a lot of hope for this area. He's been here a little while and he seems to have given up, which makes things really hard sometimes. However, we're working hard, and I'm learning a lot about myself, and growing in the gospel everyday. The majority of our day is spent trying potentials and talking to people in the street. We've been trying by members everyday to get to know the ward and try to get referrals from them.

One scripture that I thought fit for my area pretty well: Mormon 9:4- Behold, I am laboring with them continually (the Texans); and when I speak the word of God with sharpness, they tremble and anger against me; and when I use no sharpness they harden their hearts against it; wherefore, I fear lest the Spirit of the Lord hath ceased striving with them." Haha silly Texans.

God Bless,
     Elder Johnson!





No comments:

Post a Comment