Texas, Lubbock Mission

Monday, August 24, 2015

Just my son and I

Yo, I forgot my planner today, so I'm going to email about this week by memory sorry,

We took bike day again on Friday, and Elder Lake my trainee had a particularly hilarious crash haha! We were rolling along, getting back to our apartment at the end of the day. We were quickly approaching a stop sign, but as we approached it, someone swore at us out of their car while they drove by. Elder Lake was astounded to hear that kind of language. He was so astounded in fact, that he didn't see the stop sign in front of him, nor did he see Elder Sommer stopped on his bike ten feet in front of him. Elder Lake smacked into Sommer's rear and tumbled off his bike haha! It was so funny. His chain fell off, and so we had to teach him how to put it back on lol, he's such a funny kid. 

Oh yah, transfers were this week, and I'm staying here with Mijo, Elder Lake! Elder Sommer is being transferred to Amarillo, so it'll just be my son and I.

DANG! I can't think of anything else that happened this week! It's starting to get cold here though... A few weeks ago, somebody threw a rock through our bedroom window at like 3 in the morning. We complained to the office, but they still haven't fixed it. It hasn't really been a problem until now, because it's starting to get FREEZING at night. Okay not freezing, but cold enough to make it painful when I get out of bed #EastSide. 

Not much else has been going on. Our Recent Convert Louis gave us a call, and he's actually moving back to Lubbock haha, super stoked to see him. He went to a church for 14 years before he was baptized, and he keeps getting bribes from the deacons from his old church. They offer to pay for his meds and other expenses, and in return they ask that he sells his soul to them. It's not good. We'll meet with him tonight
We've been picking up tons of new investigators, but none of them are very legit, so we've been dropping just as many. I feel like this companionship is just a human sorting machine lol. We're all doing good, and stoked for this coming transfer... #PreachingLoveAndPeachWithOtherWellDressedGuys  #WhileDaringGreatly

Have a Blessed Week, Elder Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment