Wanna know why this week was so great? I found out Burger King sells a TEN PIECE NUGGET for A DOLLAR FIFTY!!! That's it! 1.50. We sped over there as fast as our ford fusion would take us and bought a total of 60 nuggets lol. There's nothing like cheap nuggets.
We had a sweet dinner this week with a less active family. La Familia Sanchez. They were sweet! She made us home made tortillas and mexican pineapple soda. It was the best meal I've had in a while. I was so stoked for the dinner, I scooped some rice up with a piece of rtortilla and threw it down my throat. I failed to realize that she had just taken the rice off the stove moments before I swallowed it. The went halfway down my throat and I started to choke. So not only was the rice burning hot, but now it's lodged in my throat. Lol I eventually got it down without anybody noticing my near death experience, but it burnt me bad enough that I think I have a scab in my throat... lol, #worth.
We also took our first bike day with our trainee. Biking around with a trio is a new experience. I feel like we're so intimidating when there are three of us riding around talking to people. I had a great time. We rode all over Tech campus to get to our appointments, and had a great day. My trainee however almost died. Haha we had to stop at a gas station for poor E Lake so he could down a powerade. I tried buying a rockstar for him, but he wouldn't take it lol. He was convinced that he pulled a muscle and couldn't go any further. But as good trainers, Elder Summer and I made him get back on his bike and ride back home. We had a fun day.
And Nowwww, I saved the best for last:
Louis Herron was baptized on August 1, 2015!!! We had a great day. We got to the church like 2 hours early to fill up the font. We couldn't figure out how to turn it off once it got full, and almost flooded the building. Brother Chaney ( A member ) was the man who baptized Louis, but Elder Lake was also in the font for support to Help Bro Chaney pull Louis back up out of the water. I played the piano, our ward mission leader gave a talk that he put together on the spot, and everything went fairly smooth. Except, we didn't bring a towel for Louis, so he came out of the changing room still soaked in water haha. Woops, I'll remember that for the next baptism. Louis is currently in Dallas, due to a family emergency, but will be confirmed this Sunday. Everyone pray he comes back.
Love y'all,
E Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment